Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Michael Jackson Transcriptions

JakeBrownBass

I know i've already posted this in the T&T forum, but as alot more people post in here, i hope the mods don't mind me doing it here also.

I've got 12 Jackson tunes to learn for monday, so if anyone has transcriptions of any of these, please please please will you post them up for me

I'll send everyone who helps a virtual pint

Michael Jackson

1. Rock With You – Off the Wall (1979)
2. Wanna Be Starting Something – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
3. Don't Stop ‘Till You Get Enough – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
4. Billie Jean – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
5. Black or White – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
6. Thriller – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
7. I Just Can't Stop Loving You – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
8. Beat It – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
9. Workin’ Day And Night – Off the Wall (1979)
10. The Way You Make Me Feel – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
11. Bad – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
12. Man in the Mirror – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)

But yeh, any help would be great

Jake

these songs are very easy to learn by ear. Don't stop til you get enough is virtually 2 notes, A and B. Working all day and night is a riff in E minor, i think beat it is a riff in Eb minor, billie jean is a riff in F# minor, thrillier is a riff in C# minor i think. Or their around those shapes, so it should be easy to pick up by ear

[quote name='J.R.Bass' post='997245' date='Oct 22 2010, 04:14 PM']I know i've already posted this in the T&T forum, but as alot more people post in here, i hope the mods don't mind me doing it here also.

I've got 12 Jackson tunes to learn for monday, so if anyone has transcriptions of any of these, please please please will you post them up for me

I'll send everyone who helps a virtual pint

Michael Jackson

1. Rock With You – Off the Wall (1979)
2. Wanna Be Starting Something – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
3. Don't Stop ‘Till You Get Enough – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
4. Billie Jean – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
5. Black or White – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
6. Thriller – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
7. I Just Can't Stop Loving You – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
8. Beat It – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
9. Workin’ Day And Night – Off the Wall (1979)
10. The Way You Make Me Feel – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
11. Bad – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)
12. Man in the Mirror – The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)

But yeh, any help would be great

Jake[/quote]

You've got to learn these note for note? As in under complete scrutiny?

[quote name='J.R.Bass' post='997252' date='Oct 22 2010, 04:22 PM']Pretty much yeh.[/quote]

What college are you at? I have absolutely no idea about the content of your course but if it was like my time at LIPA any reasonably impartial lecturer won't mind giving you at least some artistic leeway. Besides, you'll need it to nail the likes of Man In the Mirror for example, due to the complexity of the synth bass line!

[quote name='Delberthot' post='997268' date='Oct 22 2010, 04:37 PM']A C# A C# A C# A Ab is a simplified version of the chorus :lol:

Easy Peasy.

Most MJ songs are straightforward, its all about the feel[/quote]

Easy Peasy and wrong. :)

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='lowdown' post='997325' date='Oct 22 2010, 05:28 PM']Easy Peasy and wrong. :)

Garry[/quote]

Was going to mention that before after clocking it. Delberthot, that chorus doesn't contain a single correct note unfortunately (and a flat in a sharp key if we're being picky). Nothing is easy about most of Jackson's tunes, especially not the bass lines which are 60-70% synth intensive thanks to the wonders of Greg Phillinganes' left hand. It's intensive stuff.

[quote name='J.R.Bass' post='997694' date='Oct 23 2010, 01:14 AM']Just finished my transcription of "Man In The Mirror" If anyones interested.

It's here,

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=107697"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=107697[/url]

I started it acouple of months ago, just never got round to finishing it.[/quote]

Nice, used to play this one on synth bass when we did it live. Only 11 more to go.

[quote name='J.R.Bass' post='997697' date='Oct 23 2010, 01:23 AM']Haha, Well "TKenrick" has helped me out with a couple. This one was definitely going to be the hardest one so i'm happy i've got it out of the way.[/quote]

If I wasn't gigging for the rest of the weekend I'd honestly help you out, I haven't transcribed much since I've got out of college and I know the tunes like the back of my hand. Also I'm currently minus a copy of Sibelius.

[quote name='risingson' post='997708' date='Oct 23 2010, 01:53 AM']If I wasn't gigging for the rest of the weekend I'd honestly help you out, I haven't transcribed much since I've got out of college and I know the tunes like the back of my hand. Also I'm currently minus a copy of Sibelius.[/quote]

No worries dude,

JUST finished writing out all 12. Its been a long long long day, now i've just gotta learn them and get the feel right!!