Why become a member? ×

Bruce now using Ashdown.

neilb

Am surprised, I didn`t think - from my experience of seeing/hearing others using Ashdown - that they`d be punchy enough for Bruces trademark sound.

Tho saying that, JJ Burnell also uses them, and his sound is punchy enough.

Curses, now my two faves are using Ashdown - resist that GAS, resist!

[quote name='tonyf' post='994015' date='Oct 19 2010, 07:51 PM']Is Bruce tall or is the Ashdown 8x10 smaller than the Ampeg version?

Admittedly, it's been a while since I got rid of my Ampeg 8x10 but I could swear it was taller than "mid-waist".

Of course if he's 6ft 13in, I'm talking out me 'harris.... :)[/quote]

Yes. Answered my own question by comparing them.....

The Ampeg's the taller cabinet. Approximately 1219mm vs 1150mm of the Ashdown. The Ampeg's less deep but wider.

I really need to get out more.
:lol:

Looks like Ashdown have created a cab carrying/golf trolley hybrid too...

[quote name='neilb' post='993819' date='Oct 19 2010, 05:39 PM']From The Jam bassist Bruce Foxton has finished talks with Mr Gooday and is now the owner of an ABM900 and 8x10 cab for FTJ tours.

Hope he manages to keep his trademark sound!

[/quote]

[quote name='neilb' post='993819' date='Oct 19 2010, 05:39 PM']Hope he manages to keep his trademark sound![/quote]

to a certain extent it doesn't matter what he plays through, he will always sound like Bruce Foxton. Saw him with SLF in 94 - played and sounded awesome.

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='994553' date='Oct 20 2010, 10:52 AM']to a certain extent it doesn't matter what he plays through, he will always sound like Bruce Foxton. Saw him with SLF in 94 - played and sounded awesome.[/quote]
+1 to that, saw them quite a bit when Bruce was with them, using Ampeg, and yes, amazing as ever.

[quote name='neilb' post='993819' date='Oct 19 2010, 05:39 PM']Hope he manages to keep his trademark sound![/quote]

Hope he has a back up :)

Im sure he will keep his tone, after all, its all in the fingers (apparently) and he does have one heck of a style in his playing.

Edited by dave_bass5