Why become a member? ×

Dingwall Afterburner £280 BIN

[quote name='pete.young' post='991510' date='Oct 17 2010, 07:41 PM']I'm not entirely sure why the peanut gallery is sniggering at this. Seems like an entirely legitimate listing.

It's not a million miles from me - does anyone want me to go and check it out?[/quote]

Who's sniggering? It'd be pretty shocking if this turned out to be as good as the real thing... scary thought!

[quote name='Sheldon Dingwall' post='994186' date='Oct 19 2010, 10:28 PM']Who are these guys? I appreciate that even though they based it on one of our designs they put a lot of their own design ideas into it.[/quote]

Wind up, or genuine?

If you really are Sheldon Dingwall, then welcome, and I rather wish I hadn't sold my Z2. ( [url="http://tinypic.com/a/pjy1/3"]http://tinypic.com/a/pjy1/3[/url] )

[quote name='Sheldon Dingwall' post='994186' date='Oct 19 2010, 10:28 PM']Who are these guys? I appreciate that even though they based it on one of our designs they put a lot of their own design ideas into it.[/quote]

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='994224' date='Oct 19 2010, 11:01 PM']Wind up, or genuine?[/quote]

If it is genuinely SD, I claim a free (OK discounted) bass for uncovering this fraud! :lol: ... No serious I do. :)

[quote name='pete.young' post='991510' date='Oct 17 2010, 07:41 PM']I'm not entirely sure why the peanut gallery is sniggering at this. Seems like an entirely legitimate listing.

It's not a million miles from me - does anyone want me to go and check it out?[/quote]

i wasnt laughing at the bass.. the almostburner comment was priceless

Well, we'll see. I've emailed Steve at Hawkwood Guitars and he's about 15 minutes up the road from me so I'll be checking it out.

Sheldon: you don't wanna mess with that Broon stuff, it's isn't even proper beer, just a blend of leftovers. Much better to come and visit sunny Suffolk and we will check out some decent Adnams and go and knock on Andrew Guyton's door :-)

Dingwall spotters, hope you noticed that Big Dave from Jools Holland's band was using a Dingwall bass when they backed Cindy Lauper last week. Is ver' nice.

[quote name='Sheldon Dingwall' post='997515' date='Oct 22 2010, 08:49 PM']Where does McEwan's Strong sit in the mix? That's the first beer that made me sit up and say woah![/quote]

McEwans... good old Geordie ale but you are going back some ways! Brown Ale (Bottles of Dog) is a (ahem) step up from McEwans; though I still rate a 'good' pint of McEwans Scotch as one of the finest pints of beer.