Why become a member? ×

Tokai Jazz Sound 1983 L Series Block Logo Now 300 GBP!!!!!

ash

This is now SOLD! Selling off a few things to make room for new projects, this is an original Tokai Jazz Sound 'Oldies But Goldies' in original - and rare - metallic blue finish. Made in Japan with an L series prefix serial making it an '83 model. This is the series of instruments that made CBS scratch their heads and invent the Squier brand! This bass is an exceptional player and light and well balanced with a killer Jazz tone. It really nails that sweet spot Jazz sound (hence the name!). It's in excellent condition with a couple of minor dings and chips to the finish on the edges. The logo is intact (often they faded, were rubbed off or they were replaced with the 'F' word) and is the rare block type only used during a short period of production (presumably due to copyright issues). The neck is straight and frets are fine, the only non original feature is that the scratchplate has been sprayed black at some point. As near to a vintage jazz as you'll get for less than a new MIM Jazz.
I'm looking at around 300 for it as I need a quick sale and that my bass playing friends is a bloody bargain for a 27 year old Jap Tokai!

[attachment=61316:IMGP1629.JPG]

[attachment=61315:IMGP1627.JPG]

[attachment=61312:IMGP1628.JPG]

[attachment=61313:IMGP1625.JPG]

[attachment=61314:IMGP1626.JPG]

[attachment=61311:IMGP1620.JPG]

Please note I won't respond to any personal messages from scammers. Please leave this forum and its legitimate members alone. We've all heard these ridiculous sob stories many times before don't waste our time and insult our intelligence. Cheers.

Edited by ash

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='987939' date='Oct 14 2010, 12:19 PM']I'd like to commend you firstly on a lovely looking bass and secondly on actually letting us see your duvet cover with little racing cars on it. :)[/quote]
Ha! Ha! Actually its worse than that its a shirt and yes I have worn it......!

[quote name='eubassix' post='988186' date='Oct 14 2010, 04:44 PM'].. what do those 2-digit number stickers on these Tokai's mean? ... this bass appears to have a '45' - I've seen others with IIRC 85 and 90 ?....[/quote]

Hi, I assumed they were export ID numbers or something similar, all he 80's Tokais I have owned have had one, I had a Jaco type fretless with 46 on it but the P bass (Hardpuncher) had another number - if anyone can enlighten us......?

[quote name='BassBus' post='988341' date='Oct 14 2010, 07:39 PM']Non standard scratch plate?[/quote]

The scratchplate lines up with all the holes perfectly but as I said it was sprayed black by the previous owner - he said it was all original buts not as snug a fit as you would think, original colour of the plate was white which matches other Tokais of this era however.

[quote name='Thornybank' post='989694' date='Oct 15 2010, 09:48 PM']The two (or three)digits are the original price in yen.
I have seen 35, 40, 45, 50, 60, 70, 100, 125.
The main differnces are electrics and wood flawlessness (izzat a wurd?)[/quote]
Aaah, enlightenment...thanks for the info!

God I'm thick!!!
Could have offered my Aguilar +£75 and done the drop/pick up in one if you had agreed to the deal.
I know I am looking for a high powered amp but there are always exceptions to what you are looking for :)

Good luck with the sale Ash,
cheers,
Karl.

Oh, bump!

• 2 weeks later...