Why become a member? ×

Warwick Dolphin Pro 1 - 1988 - Black - SOLD

woolf

Hello,

Up for sale; My Warwick Dolphin Pro 1 in a black finish. Although the date is not visible due to the finish on the neck, I believe it to be 1988 due to it's various appointments. I believe the bass to be an early example of work from the Warwick custom shop.

This bass has received some considerable use over the years, there is evidence of general wear and tear throughout, mainly light scratching on the rear of the body, despite this, no scratching has penetrated the finish and due to the deep black colour, such is difficult to notice. I would still describe it's condition as good.

This bass would benefit from a setup although currently plays well. I am including the hard shell case in the photgraph (the strap is not included).

I encourage any questions or people who would wish to view/play this bass. This bass is currently located in the Portsmouth area.

I am asking for £850 ono. (No trade offers please)

I can be contacted on 07835184478.

Kind Regards,

Graeme

[attachment=61192:IMG_0856.JPG] [attachment=61193:IMG_0858.JPG] [attachment=61194:IMG_0859.JPG] [attachment=61195:IMG_0860.JPG]

[attachment=61196:IMG_0862.JPG] [attachment=61197:IMG_0863.JPG] [attachment=61198:IMG_0864.JPG]

Edited by woolf

I'm watching this feed with interest as I've got a ltd edition bubinga body Dolphin Pro1 - beautiful to look at, plays like a dream, excellent range of sounds, etc. When you see Thumbs selling for over a grand it seems wrong (an injustice) that you're selling for only £850 (they're now £3k). Can you keep me posted on the sale price? Best of luck with the sale - somebody's gonna get a bargain!!

I'm hoping for a relatively quick sale and I believe this is reflected in the price. I dread to think how much Warwick would charge to build a similar bass now.

Have had an enquiry regarding the weight of the bass, I intend to add this shortly...

I can't believe that you've had no interest in this! There seems to be no shortage of Warwick advocates - " my thumb..." - how come nobody's making an offer, especially at this price!!.

Doctor of the Bass (Hi Nick..VC at the luthiers being stripped and refurbed) played mine last week and was well impressed..anybody even remotely interested in this fine beast should PM him for a review..

The photos certainly don't do this justice - I've attached better ones..this is it in Cherry.

Best of luck with the sale..

Actually that's not "it in cherry", that's a Dolphin SN which is entirely different. The Pro 1 is upmarket of the SN (SN is setneck, no markers, chambered body, Pro 1 is through-neck, dolphin markers amongst other things).

FWIW I've had 2 Dolphin Pro1s, a '91 and a '96, and the '91 was miles better than the '96 so I imagine this should be great.

[quote name='4000' post='998548' date='Oct 23 2010, 11:42 PM']Actually that's not "it in cherry", that's a Dolphin SN which is entirely different. The Pro 1 is upmarket of the SN (SN is setneck, no markers, chambered body, Pro 1 is through-neck, dolphin markers amongst other things).

FWIW I've had 2 Dolphin Pro1s, a '91 and a '96, and the '91 was miles better than the '96 so I imagine this should be great.[/quote]
Well that told 'em!

I've always loved those Dolphins, such an original shape.
I'd love this, but I value my knackers too much!

On sale at the bass gallery:http://www.thebassgallery.com/product_details.cfm?ID=390&type=Bass Guitar

The Gallery Bass Merchant - Product Locator

Manufacturer: Warwick Bass Guitar
Warwick: Dolphin
Dolphin body

Pictures

[b] £1500.00 [/b]PRICE MATCH PROMISE !

hi

Active Electronics
Right Handed

IN STOCK

Manufacturer: Warwick Bass Guitar
Warwick: Dolphin Pro I
NO IMAGE AVAILABLE
[b] £3879.00 [/b]PRICE MATCH PROMISE !

Dolphin Pro I

The Dolphin's innovative body design, based on a rhombus, is perfectly balanced and gives it the eccentric look to match the demands of eccentric players. An extremely hard Ovangkol wood body, contoured to fit the player, hides the Ovangkol neck-through design.

The tuners, the Just-a-nut, pickups, bridge and saddle, are all mounted to the same piece of wood producing limitless unrivaled tones. The vast tone flexibility, provided by the unique jazz/twin jazz pickups, opens up a new dimension - full and round across the entire sound spectrum.

For everything from percussive playing to fingerstyle, the Dolphin's sound still loses nothing in fullness and warmth.

• Neck-through-design (hidden neck)
• Available as 4- or 5-string
• Available as right-handed or left-handed*, as well as fretted and fretless* models
• Ovangkol body
• Ovangkol neck with maple veneer stripes
• Wenge fingerboard
• Dolphin inlays
• Scale length: 34" (long scale)
• 26 frets
• Active MEC J/TJ pickups
• MEC 2-way electronics
• available in Natural Oil Finish, Coloured Oil Finish or High Gloss Finish
• Warwick tuners
• 2-piece Warwick bridge
• Warwick security locks
• Gold hardware (black, chrome or satin-chrome with extra charge)
• Just-A-Nut III
• 4-string with special nut width 44 mm
• Weight**: 4,5 kg (4-string), 4,8 kg (5-string)
• Warwick EMP-strings: 4-string: 045" - 105" (38200M), 5-string: 045" - 135" (38301M)
• Including Warwick "User Kit"
• Including RockCase® flight case (only for Germany, Czech, Poland, UK, Austria and Swiss) or "Premium Line Plus" RockBag® for electric bass

* no extra charge
** rounded

Active Electronics
Right Handed

TO ORDER

[b]all of a sudden £850 seems cheap (inexpensive?)[/b]

Some more pictures.....

[url="https://cid-086810a32702684c.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=86810A32702684C!395&authkey=Oh3deLb4*nU%24"]https://cid-086810a32702684c.skydrive.live....=Oh3deLb4*nU%24[/url]