Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: 1975 Fender Jazz SENSIBLE OFFERS PLEASE

Steve A

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='112378' date='Jan 2 2008, 04:19 PM']You know I'd never seen why so much fuss was made about these, then about 2 years ago I played one, I think it was a '74, It was worth about £3000.

It was an amazing instrument, it just had a certain something about it, both in feel and sound.[/quote]

They're not worth £3,000 (about £1300 - £1500 retail depending on how they play I'd say) but some are wonderful instruments. This one looks really nice, and I'm sure it plays like it too...

This bass is in excellent condition. I'm not sure what they're worth right now so I'm getting a feel for it by asking for offers. If I am tempted by a good price I might go for it. However, I don't know whether it would be best to keep it and watch for an increase in value over time. I'm a player, not a collector, so not really sure what to do just yet. But make me an offaaah!

That's just what I was told it was worth, it may have been older I can't remember.

There is this one though, not quite the same year or anything [url="http://www.denmarkstreetonline.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=258&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1"]http://www.denmarkstreetonline.co.uk/index...rt&Itemid=1[/url]

I notice you didn't prefix offers with the word 'sensible' so how's about £200 + some Christmas Cake (it's a very good one, steeped in my Dad's finest malt -although he doesn't know this apparently!) + a couple of unpulled crackers? I'll even come and collect to save you packing it up! :)

I won't hold my breath :huh:

All joking aside, it's a totally gorgeous bass and if I could afford it I'd be making you a very serious offer.

All the best with the sale.

[quote name='Rumble' post='112470' date='Jan 2 2008, 07:20 PM']I notice you didn't prefix offers with the word 'sensible' so how's about £200 + some Christmas Cake (it's a very good one, steeped in my Dad's finest malt -although he doesn't know this apparently!) + a couple of unpulled crackers? I'll even come and collect to save you packing it up! :)

I won't hold my breath :huh:

All joking aside, it's a totally gorgeous bass and if I could afford it I'd be making you a very serious offer.

All the best with the sale.[/quote]

Look again... 'Sensible offers' is in the text.

Don't worry about the cash though, just send that cake down!!

Steve

[quote name='Rumble' post='112513' date='Jan 2 2008, 08:17 PM']Damn it, I knew I should've asked for some new glasses for Christmas!

How much of the cake do you fancy? Be warned however, the P&P won't be cheap, this ain't no 'light and fluffy' sponge cake :)[/quote]

How much of the cake? It is a 1975 Jazz in excellent condition so I would suggest all of it? And maybe a generous measure of whiskey too (why not throw in the bottle??)

[quote name='funkmunky' post='112523' date='Jan 2 2008, 07:23 PM']Ah, it would be lovely to live in a world in which I'd be able to accept an offer like that! ^_^[/quote]

That's ashame I was about to offer you this [url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4095758.stm"]bottle of whisky[/url] ...oh well.

I'd need to remake the 1/4 of the cake that's ............ missing!

I'd also love to live in the world where I could afford to buy the whiskey of comparable value to a '75 jazz, but then in that world I could afford to just buy your jazz outright. Whichever way I look at it, that world is very different to this one!

It's going to be one lucky bod who ends up owning this.

[quote name='Jebo1' post='112371' date='Jan 2 2008, 04:08 PM']Beautiful bass!

If the original owner needs the correct covers, I have a pair (albeit ones from 1973), would look great on this :-)

I'm trying to convince myself I don't want it![/quote]

+1. That is absolutely stunning!

I'm sure I've heard you playing this at a gig? - It has a fantastic tone - I bet you regret selling it! :)

[quote name='Jebo1' post='112384' date='Jan 2 2008, 04:26 PM']They're not worth £3,000 (about £1300 - £1500 retail depending on how they play I'd say) but some are wonderful instruments. This one looks really nice, and I'm sure it plays like it too...[/quote]

It's got to be worth £1400+ IMHO

Hamster

Edited by Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='112830' date='Jan 3 2008, 12:43 PM']I'm sure I've heard you playing this at a gig? - It has a fantastic tone - I bet you regret selling it! :)

It's got to be worth £1400+ IMHO

Hamster[/quote]

Well, there is a guy on gumtree wanting £1700 for a natural finish one... so maybe the £1400+ is a realistic ballpark figure?

Lovely bass by the way...

Thanks chaps,

Yes it's a beautiful bass and everyone seems to agree with that.

Again, not making any rash decision here, I just want to gauge opinion on its value and see how it feels to consider selling it.

Thanks for your comments.

Steve

[quote name='funkmunky' post='112853' date='Jan 3 2008, 01:09 PM']Thanks chaps,

Again, not making any rash decision here, I just want to gauge opinion on its value and see how it feels to consider selling it.[/quote]

That is the most tentative sales listing I've ever seen!

I'll see how it feels to consider selling it :-) She must mean a lot to you!

[quote name='funkmunky' post='113098' date='Jan 3 2008, 06:42 PM']What I mean is, if I was offered £1800 I'd be more definite about selling than if I was offered £1000.[/quote]

Blimey, I must be out of touch...

I couldn't spend £1000 on any bass.

And that's probably why I'll never have a vintage Fender :)