Why become a member? ×

YES

Hamster

I [i]hated[/i] YES for years.

I was a child of the NWBHM in the early 80's, Maiden Priest, Saxon etc etc, meanwhile my brother, who is 3 years older than me, was into YES, and had every record they had made, up 'till Tormato, and played them continuously in his bedroom to my annoyance. I thought it was music for hippies, and refused to even listen to it.

A few years later I got into Camel, big time, a band I still adore today, and "A Live Record" is still one of my favourite albums ever. So my prog roots were now starting to grow.

Forward wind many years to a couple of years ago, when I found myself buying "Fragile" on ebay for a couple for quid out of curiosity. The first track I [i]ever[/i] really listened to was "Roundabout" and loved it.

Next year YES are touring, and a pal of mine who is a big fan has bought me a ticket. So at 45 I'll be going to my first YES gig, and I'm very excited about it, much to the disgust of my inner teenaged self from 30 years ago.

[quote name='tauzero' post='997717' date='Oct 23 2010, 01:25 AM']Just to add to the Wakemanny stuff, he also played keyboards on Bowie's "Life on Mars".[/quote]

He did the whole Hunky Dory album.

I hated Yes. Still do. Can't get past the awful vocals.

ELP, now there's a proper prog band.