Why become a member? ×

On my way to Corinne Bailey Rays soundcheck, Any questions for Kenny Higgins??

JakeBrownBass

I ventured down from North Wales for this. It was a superb evening with quality all the way. The interplay and musical communication within the band was obvious and real. They have been touring for a lot of the year so it would be very easy to just pump out the tunes and get out of there, but from where I was standing they were all totally engaged and delivering - supporting someone who was singing from her heart who was performing songs which obviously meant something to her. There were no tedious solo moments delivering gratuitous chops, everything served the song - and THAT is where it is at. The older I get, the less interest I have in being in the same room as someone giving me the benefit of their practice regime, I want to see musicians communicate and create something beautiful. If you do too, then get along to see any of the gigs on the rest of this tour. Proper players playing proper songs.

Kenny was great, just laying it down :)

The only bit I did not enjoy was the fact that I was in the audience and not playing the songs - that must be a great gig to have.

Edited by owen

I saw them play last night in Bristol, the band are phenomenal and Corrine an absolute legend, her voice is incredible and depth and beauty of her songwritting is stunning.

Really loved Kenny's playing, he and the drummer where locked on through some awesome pauses and changes in speed that really added to the tracks.
Plus his bass sound and synth effects were awesome, I would love to know what effects he was using aswell as the rest of his rig there were some great sub bass and synthbass sounds coming form his board.