[b]Bass Collection[/b] with:

- EMG PJ set (with volume + balance)
- Custom [sfx] preamplifier with 2 band EQ
- Super fast neck
- Very low action
- Original preamp and pickups supplied

Excellent conditions. [b]SOLD[/b]

Edited by Silent Fly

It usually states "SGC Nanyo Made In Japan" on the electrics cover on the rear ... but it looks to me as if you may have replaced it. :)

There's also usually a rectangular sticker with the serial number on it, which will tell you the year (and therefore the place) of manufacture. That's usually stuck on either the outside OR the inside of the electrics cover on the rear ... oh, no, wait ...

Or you could tell from the original SGC-branded pickups ... erm ... maybe not.

I'm struggling here, Max, help me out. :lol:

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='983816' date='Oct 10 2010, 09:38 PM']It usually states "SGC Nanyo Made In Japan" on the electrics cover on the rear ... but it looks to me as if you may have replaced it. :)

There's also usually a rectangular sticker with the serial number on it, which will tell you the year (and therefore the place) of manufacture. That's usually stuck on either the outside OR the inside of the electrics cover on the rear ... oh, no, wait ...

Or you could tell from the original SGC-branded pickups ... erm ... maybe not.

I'm struggling here, Max, help me out. :lol:[/quote]

On the back of the bass there is a label that says: "Inspected by B.B.SUN".

On the original preamp there a tiny label: "1n5K63Y".

Does it help?

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='984075' date='Oct 11 2010, 08:37 AM']On the back of the bass there is a label that says: "Inspected by B.B.SUN".

On the original preamp there a tiny label: "1n5K63Y".

Does it help?[/quote]

Nope.

Now if it had been inspected by B.B. KING ...

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='984075' date='Oct 11 2010, 08:37 AM']On the back of the bass there is a label that says: "Inspected by B.B.SUN".

Does it help?[/quote]

That sticker was on my recent Bass Collection Speakeasy so it sounds like its one of the newer ones although I don't remember ever seeing one in that colour.

Pretty sure they only do white, a really bad sunburst and natural

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='983732' date='Oct 10 2010, 08:27 PM']Good question... I have absolutely no idea. :)

Do you know if there is a simple way to find out?[/quote]

Not exactly an EASY way, but if you remove the neck, it should have the model number in the neck pocket.
I was shimming the neck on mine and found out it was an SB4 series and not a 3.

I sold my Nanyo 311 (310 or whatever) a while ago. During the period i owned it i bacame a bit of a compulsive Bass Collection anorak -:)

The colour tells me it's a later one, the Speakeasy ,which is something to do with the Bass Centre (they bought the Bass colection name or something like that) .
Also the Jap ones have Gotoh tuners and bridge . I can see in the photo that the bridge is different where the string holes are where as the gotoh has a block of metal about 1/2 thick that almost hides the string rings. That bridge looks like the oem bridge on mim pb's/jb's etc.

I did try one of the Speakeasy Basses in Denmark St , it looks almost the same as the other reincarnations of the BC range but it did feel like the body was a slightly different shape ..The build quality seemed good though.

The pickups on the jap version should have SGC (sexton guitar company) etched in to them and sometimes picked out in gold. The eletcrics on the jap models are superb,no hum and totally silent .Even at high volumes it was like the the amp had been switched off when one stopped playing. The pots have a real quality feel about them too. When you turn them they are silky smooth and have a slight resistance to them (so no chance of accidently turning them up during a frienzied slap session or if you wear big cuffs-) and a nice click at the mid point...

The build quality of the jap made models is far superior to my MIA PB in my opinion but would i swap my PB back for another BC? No chance :lol: ..........

Good luck with the sale......
Ktmman

Ps i just had another look at your photos and the batterey cover on the back is at an angle. On the japanese made ones the straight edge of the cover runs parallel with the
line of the strings .....So its a later one for sure...

Edited by Ktmman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

[quote name='BassBunny' post='988027' date='Oct 14 2010, 01:31 PM']Not exactly an EASY way, but if you remove the neck, it should have the model number in the neck pocket.
I was shimming the neck on mine and found out it was an SB4 series and not a 3.[/quote]

SB301 was Passive, at least my SGC one is. Nice Bass by the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...