Why become a member? ×

Audio comparisons....

LukeFRC

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='980197' date='Oct 7 2010, 08:46 AM']yeah, it probably is easily my favourite to play too, it sounds imense.
Unlike thodrik i find i can take it anywhere and plug it in, with or without amp and it sounds great. two controls, wide open...
you gotta love a good JV squier[/quote]

Yeah, in general I think P-bass can cut it against any bass. Its just that mine in particular is pretty mellow sounding when run flat, so it always takes a bit longer to get the sound I want than my active basses, which seem to naturally put out a much thicker sound, which is what I've been going for. I can nail this tone with the Precision, but it requires a decent preamp, whereas the other ones have a great preamp on-board. Its horses for courses really.

The Squier is really cool sounding though.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='980109' date='Oct 7 2010, 12:41 AM']sure do.

very pretty, sounds an plays great, and i mean great. It's in another leauge compared to the red sadowsky metro in guitar guitar in glasgow, but it's not for me. I don't like the active sound which is why i started looking at jazzes. This was at a amazing price so i got it knowing i could sell it on if i didn't like it. It's lovely and confirmed that a jazz was the way forward but an active one wasn't really.
Actually having said that if Andytravis hadn't put a particular bass i was already excited about up for salei would have probably just learned to love this, as it is I doubt i'll ever own a more 'high end' bass.[/quote]

Thats one hell of a good looking bass!! :)

[quote name='stevie' post='980254' date='Oct 7 2010, 09:52 AM']It's just the perfect P-Bass sound. But it didn't sound as wonderfully fat and growly when I owned it :)[/quote]

DR fat beams 45 - 105 , high action and hitting the strings hard.....

[quote name='funkyspuke' post='981073' date='Oct 7 2010, 11:22 PM']what I can't understand is how so many people have have let this valenti go! I have just been looking back at the history and it's had about 5 owners!!

madness[/quote]

one of them was the same guy selling and buying it back again (and he made a trade offer on it to me too) possibly selling too.

It is strange though, i guess on basschat once it has gone down to a cheaper price than it's possibly worth, noone is going to try sell at profit and its cheap enough to try for a while. I'm unsure.
I bought it v. quickly because if i liked it it was an awesome bass for a silly price.
As it is i realised within a day that something about the sound with the preamp meant it wasnt the bass for me. It just didn't feel like 'my' bass (as compared to the 75 which has been sitting about getting played evey 10 min.) and the active sound wasn't what i wanted. so so playable though, if i had any way on earth justifying 4 basses, i would keep it.

BTW it's an 18v preamp nino got running (at 18v) off a single 9v battery. it's pretty powerful even passive...

the modulus was 18v running off two 9v batteries ... I swear it was so powerful that if I'd have played at 88mph, I would have gone back to 1985! :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='981090' date='Oct 7 2010, 11:48 PM']one of them was the same guy selling and buying it back again (and he made a trade offer on it to me too) possibly selling too.

It is strange though, i guess on basschat once it has gone down to a cheaper price than it's possibly worth, noone is going to try sell at profit and its cheap enough to try for a while. I'm unsure.
I bought it v. quickly because if i liked it it was an awesome bass for a silly price.
As it is i realised within a day that something about the sound with the preamp meant it wasnt the bass for me. It just didn't feel like 'my' bass (as compared to the 75 which has been sitting about getting played evey 10 min.) and the active sound wasn't what i wanted. so so playable though, if i had any way on earth justifying 4 basses, i would keep it.

BTW it's an 18v preamp nino got running (at 18v) off a single 9v battery. it's pretty powerful even passive...[/quote]

[quote name='funkyspuke' post='981073' date='Oct 7 2010, 11:22 PM']what I can't understand is how so many people have have let this valenti go! I have just been looking back at the history and it's had about 5 owners!!

madness[/quote]

I owned this Valenti for about 18 months which is an eon in basschat ownership terms :)

great bass,loved the build quality and playability. felt dead posh too.

wouldnt have mattered if the bass was Valenti,Sadowsky,or any other super jazz. I'm just happiest with my MMs and G&Ls