Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Joshua Redman with Flea doing Led Zep..

bubinga5

[quote name='risingson' post='971036' date='Sep 28 2010, 07:15 PM']Why did you not think you'd ever say it? Flea's a very funky player, it's stands to reason. He's been listening and playing funk all his life.[/quote] its not the funk bit, its the Joshua Redman bit...hes not funk really, but can be very funky.....the more i hear from Flea the more i like...

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='971050' date='Sep 28 2010, 07:28 PM']I was listening to some Chili peppers stuff in our shop yesterday and thought: Why do people think Flea isn't a good player? He has an awesome groove and technique. An original and remarkable style, too. You would recognise him instantly.[/quote]
Flea was [b]the[/b] influence on me as a fledgling bass player. I was also fanatical about the Chili Peppers during my teenage years.

Although I don't listen to them much at all of late (broadening of taste, their latest output is nice but inoffensive, etc), when I do occasionally revisit their older material (Blood Sugar Sex Magik is almost [i]20 years old(!!!)[/i]) it's like a revelation all over again. I can't believe I forget sometimes how good Flea is - just listening to some of his isolated bass tracks (links in that thread at the top of this forum) proves it outright. Solid as a rock, and unmistakably Flea.

That reminds me - I'd quite like to see Thom Yorke's band (Atoms For Peace I think), of which he is a member.

Anyway, I know that Joshua Redman version of The Crunge. Pretty good, although I heard it/played it too much at my particular music college. :)

(If you've not heard that album before, there's another track on it called Greasy G. Me'shell Ndegeocello plays bass on it. It's filthy.)

Flea is an amazing, stylish player, always has been.

Love the fact he's matured as a player and isn't still doing the;

'boom, peckada, peckada, peckada, boom, peckada, whurp' - See 'Funky Monks' DVD for that.

The Flea Bass i had signed in a glass gase at work still gets the kids excited, and I hear attempts at Fleas basslines at least twice a day, the guy is a MASSIVE influence on the bass playing community.

Hopefully, he'll continue to branch out.

Just bought this album, where have I been for 5 years?!

[quote name='Huwberry' post='971155' date='Sep 28 2010, 09:06 PM']That reminds me - I'd quite like to see Thom Yorke's band (Atoms For Peace I think), of which he is a member.[/quote]

not if this is anything to go by!!!!!!!!!! am on suicide watch the noo after watching it

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7P7nkj-dzI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7P7nkj-dzI[/url]

plus Flea on a hofner,,,,whats the world coming to????????????????///