Why become a member? ×

Gutteral Greetings From Guildford

lowregisterhead

:) Hello there! I'm astonished to find such a large gathering of bass players in one place. The SPG used to be called in to deal with this sort of thing.

But now that I'm here, I suppose it's only polite to introduce myself - I'm Ming, and although I'm still fairly fresh-faced, windswept and interesting, it feels like I've been playing forever. I've done a few bits and pieces over the years, but I'll try and avoid any shameless name dropping until I know you a bit better.

Gear wise, I'm a long-time Musicman user. A Stingray 5 fretted, a Stingray 5 fretless, and a custom built '51 precision active 5-string... odd but lovely, but doubtless an act of heresy to purists. All run through an EBS HD650, EBS Evolution 4x10 and 1x15, with a back-up Markbass Little Mark head, and an SWR Workingman's 10 for fiddling about in the house.

So what do you get up to here??

Ming

Greetings from Sussex (and Guildford during the week)

What do we get up to? Generally it would seem assuaging GAS but mostly a friendly crew. You never know there might even be another [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=63&hl=se%20bash&st=260"]SE Bash[/url] the last one in Guildford was a hoot

[quote name='WalMan' post='110441' date='Dec 29 2007, 05:08 AM']OT but Bordon (or Passfield) shame about the Royal Oak, it used to be such a good gig[/quote]

Allso OT. Another loss will be the [url="http://www.surreyad.co.uk/news/2019/2019450/sad_note_as_claptons_club_prepares_to_downsize"]Chiddingfold Club[/url]

Did a great gig there a couple of years ago supporting the Jones Gang (Kenney Jones, Rick Wills and half of Bad Company).