Why become a member? ×

For sale: Alembic Epic 5 string £600

Chris2112

Lovely bass... If I only had one more fretted, or funds to buy one, I would've gladly offered you [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=105003&st=0&p=974713&#entry974713"]that one[/url] ...
Have a bump on me!

Steff, that does look lovely!

I'll just put this item ON HOLD for now since I'm looking into trading the Alembic for a nice headless Marleaux Betra bass. A key motivator behind this trade has been to get something which will:

a) Be great in it's own right, enough to keep me going until I get another Status bass

and

:) be a suitable replacement for my Kubicki so I can give that some time off from the studio!

Edited by Chris2112

This bass is now [b]for sale[/b] for £600 with it's hardcase collected from Newcastle Upon Tyne. I was planning on trading it but I've went and bought a new bass so I'll need to replace some of those funds! I've decided to return the good fortune I got on these boards and sell it for the price that I paid for it, in keeping with passing a good deal on, hoping more will come my way in future!

I'll be taking some better pictures of it this week if I can get a digital camera.

One must really take a step back in these circumstances and consider that £600 here is getting you a bass that was handmade to the highest quality by the world's best luthiers in California. It is a sensational bass with a sensational price. At that price, you could buy it to dabble in fretless and get what is quite conceiveably the best fretless bass you'll ever play! :)

First refusal is with Steff but if anyone else is interested please let me know and I'll get back to you once I've heard from Steff.

[quote name='Clarky' post='984885' date='Oct 11 2010, 08:43 PM']If you are a fretless player (I am rubbsih) this has to be the bargain of basschat. Must be best part of 1500 quid cheaper than new and less than a Mexican (RW) Fender.[/quote]

A new 4 string Epic will cost about £3000 or thereabouts through an Alembic dealer. Used 4 strings have sold in the past couple of years for over £1000 at the Gallery! So yeah, I'm putting out a bargain here, in the mind that if we all share our good deals on basses we'll be a community where trade is good! I'm in two minds about keeping it but I had to convince my lass about a new bass and selling this was the answer!

It looks as though this bass is provisionally sold to Beneath It All. Mike was already coming to mine on saturday to buy my Trace Elliot head so it makes it a convienient transaction for me in that he'll buy the Alembic too. So consider this thread ON HOLD pending sale.

I appreciate all the PM's I've had, if there is any further notification neccessary (Eg Mike Can't make it and the bass doesn't sell on saturday) I'll be straight back to the thread to update the other members with their fingers on the button!

Update:

The bass is provisionally sold to Beneath it All as of saturday when he attends to collect my Trace Elliot head. However, I've spoken with Steff and I'm attempting to honour my intial agreement with him about the sale of the bass. If Steff can attend mine on thursday and buy the bass, it'll be gone. If not, it will go to Beneath It All.

If both of these deals disintegrate, I'll let the forum know and I'll look back through my list of PM's and see who is next in line. :)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='985831' date='Oct 12 2010, 02:36 PM']Update:

The bass is provisionally sold to Beneath it All as of saturday when he attends to collect my Trace Elliot head. However, I've spoken with Steff and I'm attempting to honour my intial agreement with him about the sale of the bass. If Steff can attend mine on thursday and buy the bass, it'll be gone. If not, it will go to Beneath It All.

If both of these deals disintegrate, I'll let the forum know and I'll look back through my list of PM's and see who is next in line. :)[/quote]

Until tomorrow you will change your mind. :lol:
Up for a nice bass ...

Well, I could always change my mind but I don't really think I can in these circumstances. I can afford to keep the Alembic, but I'd rather not. It would spend more time in it's case than it should, when there are clearly many people who would really enjoy it on a regular basis. If I could have afforded to do so, I'd have kept all my past basses, including the Status, Spector, Warwick, Kubicki basses etc etc. All of these sold or traded for more basses!

I'm a bit of collector as you'll know Ovi, and it's nice to look back and say "I owned this and that". I'm sure someone will love this Alembic like I do, and it'll be well played! :)

This bass is now [b]sold[/b].

Steff has just been to pick the bass up and quite frankly blew me away with a spot on fretless rendition of "The Chicken" while he was here! I can only take my hat off to Steff, he has been a true gent and has travelled the length of the country today at leass than 16 hrs notice to collect the bass. He seems to love it though and I suppose I can ask for little more than that, I've got what I paid for the bass and he's got a good deal and a bass that he'll be able to make great use of.

So that closes another chapter in the life of this bass, what an absolute gem it has been. Thanks again to everyone who sent PM's asking about the bass and I apologise if I haven't answered every one of them.

With great thanks to Chris for being noble and keeping his word, I can say that today is one of the happiest days of my life! After 650 miles and 14 hours I can finally sit at home and hold the instrument I've dreamed to play for the last few years! And it is awesome!
This bass now will be put on good use, I am doing music full time and definitely that sound will find place in at least 2-3 of the bands I play with. It will be religiously treated and I give my word If I ever decide to sell it (I seriously doubt that), it will be on sale here on basschat and nowhere else for about the same price.

Regards,
Steff.

Sorry for my English, but I am a way too exited!
Thanks, Chris!