Why become a member? ×

Shuttle 9.0, markbass F1 or EA iamp micro 550???

gafbass02

I`ve played the F500 for the last year or so, and that`s a super amp, very clean and fast(and small!!). But after I got my 9.0 the F500 has stayed in the closet. The 9.0 is fatter, sweeter, punchier and much more solid(more headroom) in the lows with my 5 string basses. Definetly a step-up IMO, and with the Uber 410 it`s the best rig I ever played.

[quote name='urb' post='968171' date='Sep 26 2010, 10:16 AM']Everytime I plug into my 9 is just love it - all I need now is 410 to really explore what 900ws feels like :)

M[/quote]
Well, you're welcome to give it a blast through my EBS 4x10 at the SE 'bash in November!

Ian

[quote name='Bugbass' post='973283' date='Sep 30 2010, 10:19 PM']I`ve played the F500 for the last year or so, and that`s a super amp, very clean and fast(and small!!). But after I got my 9.0 the F500 has stayed in the closet. The 9.0 is fatter, sweeter, punchier and much more solid(more headroom) in the lows with my 5 string basses. Definetly a step-up IMO, and with the Uber 410 it`s the best rig I ever played.[/quote]

Cool man - I know there are a ton of great little amps out there at the moment - but the 9 is such a sweet little number and like you say compared to MB the GB stuff just sounds sweeter to my ears - and has all the mid and low range grunt too.

And thanks for the of the loan of your 410 at the bash - not sure I'll be bringing my amp but if I do I'll defnitely take up the offer.

I currently have the load of a Shuttle 6 with GB 112 cab and it really sounds great - Imlove their cabs as well - here's a nice bit of music from a trio I love with their bassist using this exact amp + cab combo:

The bassist's name is Panagiotis Andreou - a great player with good taste too!

[quote name='urb' post='975908' date='Oct 3 2010, 01:47 PM']I currently have the load of a Shuttle 6 with GB 112 cab and it really sounds great - Imlove their cabs as well - here's a nice bit of music from a trio I love with their bassist using this exact amp + cab combo:[/quote]

Great!

As an Shuttle 3.0-owner I recognize the Shuttle in his bass sound.
The 9.0 seems to have some extra lows.
However, if you like the melowness in the bass sound in this video, the Shuttle is the right amp for you.
I always turn in some extra low mids for some punch. I need that to be heard in the band mix.

That poster's handle is 'Agedhorse' (it's worthwhile going onto Talkbass & searching for his posts if you have a GB of any flavour) & he's the Development Director for Genz Benz. I've PM'd him direct about my 6 & received very reasonable & educational replies, as he designed most of it!

The 6 has a hi-pass filter set around 50 Hz. Pushing the 'Bass Boost' button doesn't actually give a bass boost - the used that title for the button as it was reckoned that's what most (American) people would understand(!) - it (amongst a few other things) drops the Hi-Pass to 37Hz. You still need to turn up the Bass control, but setting the mids to about 180Hz & giving a mild boost changes things too.

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

[quote name='solofunkyjazz' post='975932' date='Oct 3 2010, 01:17 PM']I'm ordering a Shuttle 9 tomorrow.

What cabs do you users recommend ?

I've got an Aguilar GS410 at the moment, which is way too heavy for me. I was thinking maybe an Epifani UL410, there's a used one for sale on here at the moment. Or one of the GB Neo2x12's.

Thanks ![/quote]

Get a 410 ad you'll be laughing - an Epi would be a great choice - a Bergatino would be nice too but they are a bit more pricey over here - Epifani are very god value right now, especially if you can grab a second hand one - my UL210 is second hand (it was in mint condition when it came my way) and the 9 sounds very sweet indeed through it - though having tried GB's cabs as well, I have to admit I'm impressed with them as well - so give them a try if you get the chance.

Cheers

Mike

• 1 month later...

I'm the second one to say this, so maybe everyone has ignored it, but I think the cab is the issue there, with the sound you want. I had LMK2 and played it with an EBS, then changed to an ampeg 2x12 then a SP210, the sound was completely different each time.. I now have a terror and they all sound different with the different cabs.. I think, you're missing a trick here.. try it with another cab before you trade the shuttle... The 9 is a goodie, also based on the 'phunchy' sound, i'm not sure barefaced will deliver that

[quote name='gafbass02' post='1033949' date='Nov 23 2010, 02:45 PM']Thanks mate. Since this thread wound up my main stack has become the shuttle with two bergantino ae210's and I can honestly say...'I'm happy with my amp" :)[/quote]

Glad :)

Apparently once you fathom the odd input on the 9.0 and open the volume up (eg half way on Markbass is almost all of your volume, whereas Genz amps keep on giving right upto full) it starts to shine :lol:

just to add to this thread i purchased a barefaced compact and took it with me to a bass shop colchester. i tried a variety of amps with it,
the rh 450, shuttle 9, mark bass little rocker and the mb lm3, having eliminated the shuttle 9 and the little rocker i was left with the rh 450
and the lm3. after further tryouts i went for the amp which sounded best with my cab. that was the lm3.

[quote name='Raggy' post='1034428' date='Nov 23 2010, 08:54 PM']That Streamliner looks interesting that hasbeen has just announced on TB. :)[/quote]

I think I might be adjusting my GAS from a 9.0 to one of these new Streamliners. Class A six stage valve pre, with 900w @ 8ohm class D power frame. Simple controls. I like.

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=714649"]>>here<<[/url]