Why become a member? ×

G&L Tribute L2500

Rayman

After a lot of thought, and some in depth discussion, I've decided to offer up my two G&Ls.

I don't like the fact that I have to change between the two of them during gigs for different songs. I just want one bass for the whole set, just one bass that I can bond with and get all the tones I want from that one guitar.

G&L USA L2000 [b][size=4]TRADED[/size][/b]

G&L Tribute L2500 [b][size=4]TRADE PENDING[/size][/b]

Edited by Rayman

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='937387' date='Aug 26 2010, 06:19 PM']If you reverse the prices I will definitly take the green one,Ta :rolleyes:[/quote]

MB1. :)
...He Will Reverse the prices!...Providing you take both of them! :lol:

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='937364' date='Aug 26 2010, 05:49 PM']GAS Alert! I thought you were G&L to the core?[/quote]

Yeah, they're fantastic, there's no doubting that, I might well change my mind if nothing happens, and I'll be happy to keep them and save up for another one maybe.

Personally I'd keep them - they're lush!
But if you do go ahead with the sale/trade,I'm pretty sure you'd be able to get a nice 5 string with the money from the sale of just the L2K and maybe keep the L2500 as a backup/alternative?
just saying because the times I've been without the p/ups and switching on the L2000/Asats I've really missed not having one around.

:)

Didn't really think so mate.

You're welcome around here of course, but the bag is potentially part of the deal with the G&Ls, so I'm not sure I can let it go until I know where I'm up to with a couple of offerings I'm waiting to hear about later.

I damn sure your Overwater will go in the Ritter bag, maybe I could bring the bag round to you on it's own at some stage (although not today) so you could try.

Of course there's every chance I'll keep these basses anyway if the right deal doesn't come along.

In a bid to try and get my old Kinal MK-5 back, I'll sell this whole package for £900, but I can't take a penny less. Tradewise it's all worth at least a grand.

I know times are hard, but I think that's a great deal.

[quote name='Rayman' post='937180' date='Aug 26 2010, 02:30 PM']After a lot of thought, and some in depth discussion, I've decided to offer up my two G&Ls.

I don't like the fact that I have to change between the two of them during gigs for different songs. I just want one bass for the whole set, just one bass that I can bond with and get all the tones I want from that one guitar.

G&L USA L2000 in Clear Forrest Green, and a G&L L2500 Tribute in Cherry Burst, both of them in nice condition, a few marks here and there but nothing major. The L2000 is the older model with the 3 bolt micro tilt neck plate. Both basses are fitted with Dunlop strap locks, and both fitted with brand new Super Slinky strings.

L2000 - £700, L2500 - £350, however here's the unusual bit, I'd rather not split them up, I'd rather [i]trade them both [/i]for a good 5 or 6 stringer of the value of them both together. The basses will be traded together, in a Ritter Super Pak double bag which was around £100 on it's own. If I sell one bass, I'll be stuck with not enough money to get what I'm after.

What I'd like if possible is something along the lines of a good quality 5 or 6 stringer, 5 or 6 strings only please, I need that low B. Yamaha TRB6P, Bongo 5, Overwater, Kinal, are the kind of thoughts I'm having.

edit: with regard to 4 stringers, I'd make an exception for a Fender Urge 2 or a Modulus Flea.

Because of the weight of this lot, I'd much rather meet you somewhere to make the trade, postage would be horrendous.

If there's no interest I'll be perfectly happy, because I've grown to love these G&Ls, and I'll just have to wait and save up for another bass.[/quote]

If you decide to sell the 4 string I would be interested

skez