Why become a member? ×

One for the Maiden fans.

steve-soar

Absolutely brilliant !

Totally agree with the previous comments - this guy played really well, the choices in the medley merged seemlessly and what an advert for Steve Harris's brilliance as a bassist and songwriter.

Thanks for sharing - top notch.

[i]"we're blood brother's, we're blood brotherrrrrrrs"[/i]

Sorry, couldn't help myself :)

I have recently rediscovered Maiden after a 20 year break. Good to see that they are getting a lot of love at the moment.

Steve Harris was my inspiration for picking up a bass, but strangely I don't know any Maiden basslines either. This video will change all of that.

Thanks for posting.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I started playing bass due to Steve Harris (I started on bass in a hope to pick up girls, how wrong was I!) but Running Free was one of the first bass lines I learned to play, the guy is one of the few who plays catchy or just plain interesting bass lines in this genre of music.

Funnily enough I lost some of the love for Maiden after the number of the beast, although I still went and bought all their albums as they were still better than most metal out there. I was a bit of a die hard Di'Anno fan so that may also have had something to do with it, but must admit the last three studio albums have been absolutely fantastic and long may Maiden continue producing such music.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='936198' date='Aug 25 2010, 05:55 PM']I loved that video. Thought it was awesome. The song changes were all just seamless how he did them,[/quote]

That'll be because they are all at the same tempo and in the same key.... :) :rolleyes: :lol:

Harris was one of the reasons I was alble to put down the pick at age 17. 'If he can do it....'

Sounded great - I've had a bash at a few Maiden tracks, number of the beast/trooper/aces high/clairvoyant and each time I've struggled through each one I've had more respect for Steve Harris.

Loved the sound of the accoustic on Blood on the worlds hands at the end of that vid.

Watching Live after death and Cliff 'em all knda ingnited my love for bass playing back in the day.