Why become a member? ×

FS\FT: Barefaced Compact - Now with pics.

Rowbee

I currently own two Barefaced Compacts but never have the need to gig them both and am looking to stack a Midget on top instead.

I am looking for a direct trade for a Midget, or would consider selling one Compact for SOLD.

Apologies for the quality of the pics but I only have access to a very poor quality camera on my phone at present.

[attachment=57752:100830_160419.jpg]
[attachment=57753:100830_160430.jpg]
[attachment=57754:100830_160445.jpg]

Edited by Rowbee

hi, might I ask what the 2 compact's are like? I have one, and it's damn loud. I've pondered in moments of bass monsterism, getting another. or a midget. dunno if there's any need though, aside from looking better and sounding like they'd knock a house down? any description of the sound/power will help! good luck with the sale/swap (bump)!

I'll chip in here.

The Compact and Midget together sounds massive. Either cab on its own is fekin loud but together, the sound is what I would describe as BIG. Even at low volumes, it sounds really full, deep and powerful. Crank up the volume and you could knock walls down

Honestly though, for most pub gigs, the Compact is more than enough.

Frank

[quote name='machinehead' post='933264' date='Aug 23 2010, 12:28 AM']I'll chip in here.

The Compact and Midget together sounds massive. Either cab on its own is fekin loud but together, the sound is what I would describe as BIG. Even at low volumes, it sounds really full, deep and powerful. Crank up the volume and you could knock walls down

Honestly though, for most pub gigs, the Compact is more than enough.

Frank[/quote]

Thanks Frank, that's far more eloquently than I could have put it.

Btw, a few people have messaged me asking if I'd consider selling it. I was really looking for a straighforward swap, but I expect that most people who own Midgets have them for a specific purpose and aren't looking to offload them. If I [i]was[/i] to sell it, I would want back what I paid for it as it hasn't done a lot since I bought it from Bassculture. I can't remember the exact figure and would need to look into this, but that was also on the basis of collection, and the only reason I would be selling it would be to help fund the purchase of a Midget.

[quote name='Rowbee' post='933467' date='Aug 23 2010, 11:17 AM']Thanks Frank, that's far more eloquently than I could have put it.

Btw, a few people have messaged me asking if I'd consider selling it. I was really looking for a straighforward swap, but I expect that most people who own Midgets have them for a specific purpose and aren't looking to offload them. If I [i]was[/i] to sell it, I would want back what I paid for it as it hasn't done a lot since I bought it from Bassculture. I can't remember the exact figure and would need to look into this, but that was also on the basis of collection, and the only reason I would be selling it would be to help fund the purchase of a Midget.[/quote]

It makes good sense to have both a Compact and a Midget. By mixing and matching you effectively have three rigs. Don't underestimate the capabilities of the Midget as a cab to use on its own.

It's loud in a different way to the Compact. More aggresive sounding but not unpleasant and you can dial in lots of bass if you want to. I've used it for a pub gig on its own and a few people were amazed at the sound and depth coming from such a small box

And over the last two weekends I've used both cabs stacked and it's just so capable and one of the gigs was in a huge hall with a high ceiling which was no problem to fill with powerful deep bass.

Money well spent. I think I'll have this rig for a very long time because I can't think of any other cabs that would perform better for me.

Frank

[quote name='machinehead' post='933990' date='Aug 23 2010, 06:22 PM']It makes good sense to have both a Compact and a Midget. By mixing and matching you effectively have three rigs. Don't underestimate the capabilities of the Midget as a cab to use on its own.

It's loud in a different way to the Compact. More aggresive sounding but not unpleasant and you can dial in lots of bass if you want to. I've used it for a pub gig on its own and a few people were amazed at the sound and depth coming from such a small box

And over the last two weekends I've used both cabs stacked and it's just so capable and one of the gigs was in a huge hall with a high ceiling which was no problem to fill with powerful deep bass.

Money well spent. I think I'll have this rig for a very long time because I can't think of any other cabs that would perform better for me.

Frank[/quote]

Thanks for the seal of approval on my plans and definitely did intend on using it for smaller gigs. By the way, do you have the Midget with or without the tweater?

Rob, couple of quick questions if you don't mind...

How do you think they compare to the GS112's you had?
How old is the Compact? I sort of get the impression Alex has done a lot of tweaking over the product lifecycle (although I don't know for sure)

Cheers

J

[quote name='Legion' post='934645' date='Aug 24 2010, 12:11 PM']Rob, couple of quick questions if you don't mind...

How do you think they compare to the GS112's you had?
How old is the Compact? I sort of get the impression Alex has done a lot of tweaking over the product lifecycle (although I don't know for sure)

Cheers

J[/quote]

Hi J

In comparison to the GS112s, I would say that the sound coming from just one Compact is louder, bigger and fuller sounding. It's also a lot lighter in comparison to just one of those cabs, which was a big bonus for me.

I'm not sure how old it is as I bought it from Bass Culture, so I can ask him. I think the tweaking he may have done would be in the use of lighter woods, but I'm not sure. I have two and they seem to me to be identical.

Cheers

Rob

[quote name='Rowbee' post='932336' date='Aug 21 2010, 11:16 PM']Apologies for the quality of the pics but I only have access to a very poor quality camera on my phone at present.

[attachment=57754:100830_160445.jpg][/quote]

Is that anti-climb paint that's on those bad boys? DIY or does that come standard? :)

Nice cabs tho' fancy a midget myself.

[quote name='fdavidso' post='940380' date='Aug 30 2010, 09:13 PM']Is that anti-climb paint that's on those bad boys? DIY or does that come standard? :)

Nice cabs tho' fancy a midget myself.[/quote]

It's standard and very hard wearing! Good luck with the search for a Midget. I'd imagine you'll have to buy new. :rolleyes: