Why become a member? ×

Great feeling! The band is 'working'!

Musicman20

My latest originals band has had the same core 3 members since February. We are a great team when it comes to writing.

The guitarist plays guitar like Ive never seen. He isnt ultra flash, just VERY good at making songs sound interesting. He is probably one of the most talented guys ive worked with.

The drummer is exceptional and exactly what I was looking for.

The guitarist went away for a teaching program, but returned ready to continue. We got another guitarist in to keep the band going whilst he left and also join as second guitarist.

The second guitarist left recently due to course commitments, which is totally fine.

We carried on, found a vocalist/guitarist, tried it. Something wasnt right. I was ready to give up. This was the third time we wrote songs then scrapped them.

Another vocalist came along to try out. Click...it worked. He KNOWS how to sing, how to 'act' (eg not stand still if you dont play a guitar/bass as well), and hes a really nice chap.

He is also fully available, and willing to help with gig bookings.

We wont ever make money, or be a large band, as its underground melodic punk with lots of nice 'tech' parts from all of us. But, it works, and I can tell already that its going to go well.

Cannot wait to write more and get gigging. The new vocalist wrote melodies on the spot and brought lyrics he wrote after out first practice with him. So, Im really happy. I feel like im getting on well with them, and we are all after the same thing - enjoyment.

We are starting to sound like A Wilhelm Scream crossed with Hot Water Music. I like it...Ive missed playing at ridiculous speeds.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='930486' date='Aug 20 2010, 12:36 AM']We are starting to sound like A Wilhelm Scream crossed with Hot Water Music. I like it...Ive missed playing at ridiculous speeds.[/quote]

Let me know if you do any recordings, I'd like to hear that!

we have had a slow revelation like that - the singer has just learnt how to sing!

this sound sarcastic, but we've always known he's had it in him, just everyone else didn't - he was having classical singing lessons, so his technique was spot on, but not a rock voice, he was actually better before the lessons.

years down the line of people knocking his confidence and telling him he was letting the band down, he's found someone to teach rock vocals and he's back to his best! only stronger, more experienced lyricist and melodist(???) tuneful, and just plain refreshing! it's nice to see promoters and management agencies eat their words!

just goes to show you when a band knows its right, its right!