Why become a member? ×

Lefty Shuker Number 2

Bassmonster

[quote name='Mike' post='256410' date='Aug 6 2008, 04:00 PM']WOW - stunning finish!

PS Mine is up to 8months![/quote]

Looking good!

38 weeks and counting here :)

Jon quoted 12 - 20 weeks at the time...

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='255645' date='Aug 5 2008, 06:16 PM']well i am hoping its not to far off, all the body and neck work has been done from what i can tell, so it should be onto the assembly next[/quote]

Cool man, can't wait to see the finished article!

[quote name='Mike' post='256410' date='Aug 6 2008, 04:00 PM']WOW - stunning finish!

8 months, has it been 8 months already or have you been told it'll take 8 months?
Did you start a build diary or are you keeping it all under wraps?
As I remember, it's a 33" 5 string right?

I did promise Jon that I'd not bother him too much, so I'm just leaving him be, plus if it runs for another 3 months or so, I don't have to worry about enjoying myself too much on holiday next month...

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='255541' date='Aug 5 2008, 04:33 PM']Another update, just needs to be polished now, although the colour is different to what i though it would be...[/quote]

Thats nothing....when I orderd my custom Status Empathy 10years ago it was ordered as 'Pacific Blue'......and trust me the web site colour [i]was [/i]blue....Cant tell you how suprised I was when I opened the case up....good job I loved its greeny loveliness... :)

My ACG Headless that is currently being made is all natural......

Dave

8 months in total i take it?

[quote name='Bigwan' post='256411' date='Aug 6 2008, 04:04 PM']Looking good!

38 weeks and counting here :)

Jon quoted 12 - 20 weeks at the time...[/quote]

thanks, the wait can be terrible, but i've been through it before with Jon, so i know it will be worth it in the long run

[quote name='eude' post='256415' date='Aug 6 2008, 04:09 PM']Cool man, can't wait to see the finished article!

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]

me neither

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='256483' date='Aug 6 2008, 05:08 PM']Thats nothing....when I orderd my custom Status Empathy 10years ago it was ordered as 'Pacific Blue'......and trust me the web site colour [i]was [/i]blue....Cant tell you how suprised I was when I opened the case up....good job I loved its greeny loveliness... :)

My ACG Headless that is currently being made is all natural......

Dave[/quote]

Lovely finish dave, thats the kinda finish i had orig imagined and would have been more than happy, but it is nice to be surprised...as long as its good that is!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='294092' date='Sep 28 2008, 07:27 PM']just had another update from Jon, he should be putting it all together this week, so hopefully not to long now......you would have thought i would have learned from the first one and be all calm and such...but no i wan't it now damn it :), i don't expect anymore pics from here on in[/quote]

Awesome dude, I'm just as excited for you!

Cheers,
Eude

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='323795' date='Nov 6 2008, 10:30 PM']just got an email from Jon, all things going well should have it a couple weeks.....just in time for my bday[/quote]

Good news man, it's gonna be a peach of a bass!

Eude

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='279557' date='Sep 8 2008, 10:04 AM']any news on yours mike?[/quote]

Sorry, just saw this. I asked him to refinish it as it had come up a little dark for my liking. We're looking at around 3 weeks, I think. Got a picture of the colour, it's fab. [b]Very[/b] red.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='348872' date='Dec 8 2008, 05:50 PM']nothing mate, i will email jon at the end of the week if i havn't heard from him, i know he has a lot on, so don't want to bother him....to much, maybe he's waiting until yours is done so he can get a discount on the shipping :)[/quote]

That's kinda good news for me then :huh:
Hopefully he'll hurry things up to get your bass to you ASAP and by default I'll get mine...
There's very little left to do to my bass, can't imagine it's more than a few hours work left.

Cheers,
Eude