Why become a member? ×

Lefty Shuker Number 2

Bassmonster

Well sooner than i expected, but since i got a new job i thought i would treat myself

The Spec:
4 string J bass (LEFT handed)
34" scale
24 fret
38.5mm nut
19mm string spacing

5 piece wenge / maple bolton neck
birdseye maple f/board
Blue LED side dots
medium frets
two way truss rod
carbon fibre reinforcement
satin finish on neck
swamp ash body
5A rippled maple drop top
matching quilt headstock veneer
polyester basecoat,
wet look gloss lacquer
Delano MM(Hybrid)/J
3 band shuker circuit (internal mid control, circuit gain) 18v
Individual bridge units
Black/Gun metal hardware
Gotoh GB707 tuners
brass nut
Fender style headstock
Custom decal on headstock

for the finish its going to look similar to this
[attachment=4135:pic2.jpg]

The build is likely to be started at the beginning of January and should HOPEFULLY (crosses fingers) take around 6 months, i will be sure to post pics as i get them

Edited by Bassmonster

[quote name='BeLow' post='104271' date='Dec 14 2007, 12:46 PM']Unusually I showed great forethought and ordered two shukers at once. Saved considerably on travel time!

Great looking spec btw - I'm sure you are going to love it - although the dilemma of which to play?[/quote]

i am sure i will, the old finances could never stretch to 2 at once, but i suppose Jon would have done a deal

[quote name='eude' post='104301' date='Dec 14 2007, 01:47 PM']Nice work!
Cracking looking spec, you're building up quite the collection...
Oh and congrats on the new job.

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]

thanks Eude, after this one no more, for at least a few years

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Finbar' post='146866' date='Feb 25 2008, 07:58 PM']Did Jon send you the pictures, or did you have to prompt him? I've found him largely useless of a photograph provider so far ¬_¬ Starting to get impatient now! :)[/quote]

well I make a point of chasing him every fortnight. it can be frustrating waiting for updates but its worth it in the end. yours can't be far away now surely

Well I kept bugging him, but then I started to feel a little like I might be annoying him, hah. I may well give him another poke though! He said he'd get in touch when the neck was ready for me to try out and everything, but it has been pretty quiet. I know it will be worth the wait, but I think knowing it is nearly done is worse than when you first commission it... His build times have just slipped and slipped, so I don't really have an idea when he's going to finish it!

That body is looking very nice by the way, if I may say so :) It is going to look so deep once the gloss coat is on that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='simon1964' post='169262' date='Apr 3 2008, 04:43 PM']That looks fantastic. I really like you spec. The Delano J/MM hybrid combination is awesome. Jon has a finished singlecut with that combination in stock which I was lucky enough to play last week - very impressive![/quote]

Hey thx, really looking forward to playing with the range of sounds available, i think with the wenge its gonna be quite distinctive, well thats the plan anyway

• 4 weeks later...