Why become a member? ×

Lefty Shuker Number 2

Bassmonster

WOW!
The body is gorgeous and the neck looks good enough to eat.
You got and ETA yet?

Still no news on mine yet :) but I'm leaving Jon be, as I know he's silly busy, plus when it does come along, it'll be a nice surprise.

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='187806' date='Apr 29 2008, 09:06 AM']wowowowowowowooww

stunning, thats more beautiful then my girlfriend![/quote]

lol! don't let her hear that

[quote name='eude' post='187809' date='Apr 29 2008, 09:13 AM']WOW!
The body is gorgeous and the neck looks good enough to eat.
You got and ETA yet?

Still no news on mine yet :) but I'm leaving Jon be, as I know he's silly busy, plus when it does come along, it'll be a nice surprise.

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]

aye the grain sure has jumped out a fair bit, i reckon the end of july..maybe august...in fact probably august, don't worry i'm sure jon hasn't forgotten about your build, as you say he has alot on, i'm surprised at how he manages to keep track of it all. liked your idea for the modified body shape by the way, that could be how my next one looks...although thats a bit down the line.

Edited by Bassmonster

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='187825' date='Apr 29 2008, 09:45 AM']liked your idea for the modified body shape by the way, that could be how my next one looks...although thats a bit down the line.[/quote]

Cheers bud, I'm really quite pleased with it.
I've passed it on to Jon and he really likes it too.
I was thinking that I'd use it for a simple passive back up 6 string, but I really want a fretless 6 too, so that'll probably take precedent and I'll use that shape, and just the one pickup too, nice and simple :huh:
Probably have to wait till bonus time though, next year :)

Eude

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='187825' date='Apr 29 2008, 09:45 AM']lol! don't let her hear that[/quote]

Id quite happyly swap you, Dated 1989, slim like a jazz but got the curves too, maple coloured head but none matching colour and body, very tidy underneath the the paintwork, puts out well although a little destortion depending on which jack you plug it into.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='187958' date='Apr 29 2008, 12:11 PM']Id quite happyly swap you, Dated 1989, slim like a jazz but got the curves too, maple coloured head but none matching colour and body, very tidy underneath the the paintwork, puts out well although a little destortion depending on which jack you plug it into.[/quote]

:) :huh:

[quote name='presoulnation' post='187991' date='Apr 29 2008, 12:50 PM']I have seen this bass in person and the pictures aren't doing it justice the grain is really sweet :)

Also I have played the above mentioned singlecut and its a corker ;)

I really cant wait to have my Shuker ;)[/quote]

i was quite calm about this build up until i got the latest pics and presoulnations comments, i really can't wait, oh well i guess i'll just go and play my other shuker and make do :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Tinman' post='204148' date='May 22 2008, 11:32 AM']Look.....will you just stop!!!! :huh:

Mate that is beautiful.

*Thinks* Can I get to Sheffield without Mrs T knowing

Pete[/quote]

I know, it's truly horrible isn't it.
I've got number 2 in the making and I'm already planning number 3 :)
This has to stop!

Eude

[quote name='eude' post='204179' date='May 22 2008, 12:03 PM']I know, it's truly horrible isn't it.
This has to stop!

Eude[/quote]

Oh dear God man!!!! What are you trying to do to me?

The wife'd kill me :huh:

Seriously though, I've had mine 7 months now and have not looked back. However, I would love another but, at the moment, there would be no justification as the 'Lady T' does everything I need.

[quote name='Tinman' post='204148' date='May 22 2008, 11:32 AM']Look.....will you just stop!!!! :huh:

Mate that is beautiful.

*Thinks* Can I get to Sheffield without Mrs T knowing

Pete[/quote]

Welcome back pete, yep i am pretty excited about this one now, that reminds i'll need to pester jon again for an update lol!

[quote name='eude' post='204179' date='May 22 2008, 12:03 PM']I know, it's truly horrible isn't it.
This has to stop!

Eude[/quote]

Tell me about it

[quote name='Tinman' post='204183' date='May 22 2008, 12:07 PM']Oh dear God man!!!! What are you trying to do to me?

The wife'd kill me :huh:

Seriously though, I've had mine 7 months now and have not looked back. However, I would love another but, at the moment, there would be no justification as the 'Lady T' does everything I need.[/quote]

justification doesn't come into when the GAS strikes :huh:

Edited by Bassmonster

Welcome back pete, yep i am pretty excited about this one now, that reminds i'll need to pester jon again for an update lol!

[i][b]Why, thank you. It has been a while and a lot seems to have happened while I've been away. I trust my good lady as been keeping you entertained. :)[/i][/b]

justification doesn't come into when the GAS strikes :huh:

Yes, there is absolutely no cure for it, I thought getting mine would do it but no :huh:

Edited by Tinman

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='205704' date='May 24 2008, 09:18 PM']Just got the latest update from Jon, the body will be getting its final spray this coming week, can't wait to see how it turns out[/quote]

Nice one, can't wait to see how the colour turns out.

Eude

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='255587' date='Aug 5 2008, 05:05 PM']aye am fair chuffed with this colour, any new on yours yet?[/quote]

Nothing for a while dude, but given that timescales have been running up to 8 months and over I'm not holding my breath.
Doesn't bother me too much just now, I knew I'd have to be ready for a wait on this one, I also promised Jon I wouldn't be nearly as much of a pain as I was last time round, and thus far I've managed to just let him get on with it :)
I think Jon pushed to get the body sorted quickly so he could spray it with the earlier batch of orders, still not even seen a pic of the neck glued up...

How long till you reckon you'll get your mits on yours then?

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='eude' post='255593' date='Aug 5 2008, 05:12 PM']Nothing for a while dude, but given that timescales have been running up to 8 months and over I'm not holding my breath.
Doesn't bother me too much just now, I knew I'd have to be ready for a wait on this one, I also promised Jon I wouldn't be nearly as much of a pain as I was last time round, and thus far I've managed to just let him get on with it :)
I think Jon pushed to get the body sorted quickly so he could spray it with the earlier batch of orders, still not even seen a pic of the neck glued up...

How long till you reckon you'll get your mits on yours then?

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]

well i am hoping its not to far off, all the body and neck work has been done from what i can tell, so it should be onto the assembly next