Why become a member? ×

how many basses at a gig

lojo

[quote name='Chris2112' post='918528' date='Aug 8 2010, 07:41 AM']Two - my fretted Kubicki and fretless Alembic. If either were to fail, the other could step in and the gig would be saved. They've never failed me yet though![/quote]
I'd love to see those to "guys" on the pitch, as It were.
where do you play most often?
pm if you'd prefer not to say,
really interested to see

If I'm playing double bass, I'll always have the Streamline in the boot of the car as a backup, should any accidents happen to the 'big fella'!

I usually travel with a four and a five, but one of the two is predominantly used throughout any show.

I also carry two amp heads. Genz 6.0 for main & Ashdown LG1000 as backup. You never know when that preamp valve is going to go... :)

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

In 30 something years I have only ever taken one bass 4 string G & L Asat, never needed anything else, always carry spare strings, lead & batteries.
I am also a tuba player and have never in my life taken a spare one of these with me.
I do really think why do you need a spare bass guitar, amp or cab. If you look after you gear it shouldn't let you down and carry sensible spare parts with you, as I said I've never had any problems.

Ta very glad Dale

Edited by bigd1

[quote name='bigd1' post='920396' date='Aug 10 2010, 10:14 AM']In 30 something years I have only ever taken one bass 4 string G & L Asat, never needed anything else, always carry spare strings, lead & batteries.
I am also a tuba player and have never in my life taken a spare one of these with me.
I do really think why do you need a spare bass guitar, amp or cab. If you look after you gear it shouldn't let you down and carry sensible spare parts with you, as I said I've never had any problems.

Ta very glad Dale[/quote]
Mmmmm, I know it "should'nt" but.....well, somtimes...
and Ive got 25 years (thereabouts) at this game

Just the one for me as well.

I have a Steinberger Spirit 4 string bass (the one with the proper body) that i used to take as a back up but never needed it so stopped taking it.

I must admit i feel more nervious with an active bass than i do a passive, but as its all passive these days i try not to worry.

two usually one as a spare..

on one gig, there's an acoustic set and I use the my aerodyne with tru bass flats, as that's lighter than an acoustic bass :) and a still a good back up.

I always bring a extra leads and sansamp too incase.. life has been good so far, but why risk it.. If you're gigging 200 miles away from home in the middle of nowhere... you need a backup

I was depping for another band and the keys player stand fell over, the gig stopped and it was akward as we waited for 15mins during a function set.. I'd rather pick up my other bass/lead/sansamp and carry on and sort it out in the break.. and call it jazz :rolleyes: