Why become a member? ×

SOLD !! WARWICK STREAMER 1987 now Sold

martin8708

Hi there , I am new to Basschat , I am selling my 1987 Warwick Streamer with warwick factory flightcase for £1000.
The late 80's Warwicks are considered to be the last of the '' proper '' Warwicks before the EMG Pick-ups were replaced with MEC's and they started making bolt on necks . The bass itself is in excellent condition , minimal wear on the frets and the body is free of marks / scratches . Great tone from the P-J bass pick-up configuration and strings are pretty new as well . Reason for selling is that I play Precisions , well for the last 28 years or so and I bought the Warwick to help with an Audition as I knew the Guitarist loved Warwick's ( very silly , I know ) I also need the money to pay off my credit card bill for the purchase of a Custom Shop 51' Precision ( yup , the Granddaddy of all basses )
I have been playing and collecting guitars for 28 years and I always try to buy the best examples of particular guitars that I can , I will possibly consider a trade if it is Fender and old and interesting .
I have had 3 independent valuations from shops , and I and asking below all three valuations .
Many thanks for looking .
04/08/10 Photo of serial # added as per request
08/08/10 Hi guys - Warwick now sold .

Edited by martin8708

[quote name='bigthumb' post='914338' date='Aug 3 2010, 09:52 PM']Stunning!

What is the body wood?[/quote]

Production SSI basses were only ever made with Cherry (earliest basses) then later, Maple bodies; changing during the late 80's. I'd say that this bass certainly looks from these pics to be Cherry.

Hi Guys , thanks for the posative comments , I bought this from a Guitarist who owned both Streamer and Thumb Bass's and it seems to have spent alot of it's time in it's flightcase , hence it's clean condition .
I'm not sure of the woods used , but the neck has that unique ''woody '' feel that you will only get on the Warwicks .
Cheers , Martin.