Why become a member? ×

Finally finished! 5 string prototype!

wesfinn

Hello!

i finally got my ass into gear and finished my 5 string prototype! and what a beauty she turned out to be!

specs are as follows

body: flame jarra top and back, mahogany core

neck: maple/australian blue gum 7 piece, american black walnut finger board 35" scale

p/ups, eq: 2 x bartolini soapbars, 2 band john east eq

harware:hipshot bridge, gotoh tuners.

it plays like an absolute dream and sounds sooo mean! i have it tuned C,G,C,F,A sharp so its super tight!

<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

thanx guys! its a bit of a weird one in terms of what its based on...believe it or not the shape of the base of the instrument was actually based on a strange onion that i found! the rest of it is a bit of a mash up of a warwick streamer, pedulla and a ritter roya. the shape worked out better than i orginally thought too.

Wesfinn, that is a nice bit o' work there! *dan makes a blinding understatement*.

Congrats! - I'm good at DIY and can make 'stuff', but I don't think I fancy tackling an expensive piece of wood!!

I wondered if it was mate! ;o) That would explain the fine luthier skills! - I'm very well. Hope things are treatin ya well too.

Haven't been down to see Mike for a while.. must get round to doing that at some point!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='wesfinn' post='101665' date='Dec 9 2007, 12:21 PM']thanx guys! its a bit of a weird one in terms of what its based on...believe it or not the shape of the base of the instrument was actually based on a strange onion that i found! the rest of it is a bit of a mash up of a warwick streamer, pedulla and a ritter roya. the shape worked out better than i orginally thought too.[/quote]

What kind of onions do you eat?