Why become a member? ×

SOLD NOW PLEASE REMOVE THREAD

jimbobothy

PLEASE REMOVE AS NOW SOLD AND GONE TO A GOOD HOME!!

Hi all,

I've been fairly indecisive about selling recently, sorry for that, however I am now sure that this is not going to get played and is [b][u]definitley[/u][/b] up for sale. It's a 1998 Warwick Thumb NT 4 bass with a Hipshot Drop D tuner installed. Included with the sale is a new boxed set of Jonas Hellborg signature strings (40-60-80-100), the original tuner for the E string, and a nearly new Kinsman soft gig bag.

It's got the Bubinga and Wenge thru neck design with 18V electronics, the neck is of a no volute design (denotes a removable truss rod) with the nut being a brass just-a-nut 1.

I'm asking £850 which is more than the thread I got it from, however I'm including extras that I have added, namely a Hipshot Drop D tuner (eg. £100), Jonas Hellborg strings (eg. £35) and soft gig bag (eg. £25) and at this price I'm still loosing money on it.

You're more than welcome to come and try it out (based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire). This is preferred pick up only as I would like the future owner to be sure they're happy with their purchase. At a push I could meet face to face at a reasonable mutual distance, however I would NOT be willing to post it, sorry.

[attachment=55406:Thumb_ba...sale_001.JPG] [attachment=55407:Thumb_ba...sale_002.JPG] [attachment=55408:Thumb_ba...sale_004.JPG][attachment=55409:Thumb_ba...sale_010.JPG] [attachment=55410:Thumb_ba...sale_006.JPG] [attachment=55411:Thumb_ba...sale_012.JPG][attachment=55412:Thumb_ba...sale_024.JPG] [attachment=55413:Thumb_ba...sale_037.JPG] [attachment=55414:Thumb_ba...sale_038.JPG][attachment=55415:Thumb_ba...sale_029.JPG] [attachment=55417:Thumb_ba...sale_030.JPG] [attachment=55416:Thumb_ba...sale_009.JPG]

Edited by jimbobothy

[quote name='jimbobothy' post='897087' date='Jul 17 2010, 08:51 AM']Price too high? Or just no-one interested?[/quote]

If the price is still £775 (you might want to repost that so it is easier to find) then its a total steal! The problem is that there is a retro Fender-style revival at the moment so Warwicks don't seem to be as popular as they were a few years back.

I've got two of each so I'm sorted whichever way the wind blows. Good luck with the sale. :)

[quote name='rjb' post='897095' date='Jul 17 2010, 09:08 AM']The problem is that there is a retro Fender-style revival at the moment so Warwicks don't seem to be as popular as they were a few years back.[/quote]

Madness! My bandmate plays a BO Thumb and it's probably the nicest bass I've played. I'm stuck with a Corvette Rock Bass til the lottery win happens.

Have a bump anyway.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='897720' date='Jul 18 2010, 12:13 AM']For some reason neck-thru Thumbs are massively under-valued in this forum.[/quote]
drooool... I have played this bass and it sounds like nothing this side of 2000 ive ever heard!(dont make em like they used to...) Looks as good in the flesh as it does in the photos.

I think it's an ergonomic thing. I've got a BO 4 thumb which looks, sounds and plays fab but is soooooo different in 'position' to my fenders due to the short top horn. I think if you only play one bass all the time - these are great, but if you have a bit of a stable going, it puts you out of your comfort zone gigging with a thumb. That's my ha'penneth.

[quote name='King Tut' post='898484' date='Jul 18 2010, 11:14 PM']I think it's an ergonomic thing. I've got a BO 4 thumb which looks, sounds and plays fab but is soooooo different in 'position' to my fenders due to the short top horn. I think if you only play one bass all the time - these are great, but if you have a bit of a stable going, it puts you out of your comfort zone gigging with a thumb. That's my ha'penneth.[/quote]

There are other basses with similarly close strap points that don't get the same treatment though. Like the Status Kingbass.

[quote name='Bidd' post='900212' date='Jul 20 2010, 04:11 PM']Can someone else confirm that this is a good price? I'm VERY tempted but £875 is a lot of money to me.[/quote]

£875 is a lot of money for 'anyone' but I have to say that Warwick basses are severely undervalued and this should be worth that kind of money all day long!

'If' you don't go for it I'd recommend that the OPer open it up to International buyers as has been considered on the Warwick forum... the strength of the Euro would make this a steal. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='900315' date='Jul 20 2010, 06:02 PM']£875 is a lot of money for 'anyone' but I have to say that Warwick basses are severely undervalued and this should be worth that kind of money all day long!

'If' you don't go for it I'd recommend that the OPer open it up to International buyers as has been considered on the Warwick forum... the strength of the Euro would make this a steal. :)[/quote]

good point.

less than a grand for this is an excellent price in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='gazhowe' post='913326' date='Aug 2 2010, 10:53 PM']Congrats Johna! Debut this weekend by any chance?[/quote]

Was just about to pm you me news mate! Ya stalker ya! Aye, unleashing me new beast at Sleepers Friday Gaz, it's an absolute beauty! :)