Why become a member? ×

GoodParty, LemonRock and similar sites...

Sean

For those of you that don't know it, GoodParty is a website where Joe Public can enter his needs for a band for his forthcoming event, stating location, event type and budget. Joe Bandbloke then comes along and buys the contact details of the person whose event he thinks he would like to play with a view to getting the booking.

I've been signed up to GoodParty for ages now and occasionally buy the enquiry details but am yet to get lucky - in most cases they have changed their plans or decided on a DJ. Most of the enquiries I see on there are for weddings for £100-250. Now, quite what these monkeys think they are going to get for under £250 I have no idea and who if anyone ends up playing these events is a mystery. There are quite a few enquiries in the £250-500 bracket but a serious lack of decent paying events.

Does anyone have any good experiences with this site? Do any of you actually play these £100-250 weddings and if so, why?

And LemonRock - do any of you get bookings from that site? I stopped paying the fee as we were getting nothing through. Most of our work comes from agents and word of mouth but I like to open up as many routes to market as possible.

We have got a few bookings through Lemonrock, couple of decent functions, probably only because we are an '80s tribute, and thus hard to come by down here in Devon. So internet search by the mid-life crisised women who need 80s bands at their birthdays will bring us up fairly quickly.
Not tried goodparty though.

• 8 months later...

Just got an email about joining up again.

My reservations are it looks pretty awful and dated visually which doesn't make me want to press any buttons. It seems without delving too deeply to also be mainly for covers and tribute bands.

Not sure it's worth £25. Any positive experiences with an originals band using it?

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='1175958' date='Mar 25 2011, 02:29 PM']Just got an email about joining up again.

My reservations are it looks pretty awful and dated visually which doesn't make me want to press any buttons. It seems without delving too deeply to also be mainly for covers and tribute bands.

Not sure it's worth £25. Any positive experiences with an originals band using it?[/quote]

Just joined an originals band from a lemonrock free-ad.... :)

Oh, I see what you mean, then no, not really. You've probably better placed with a decent facebook page.

Done well out of Lemonrock. More than worth it, IMHO. It was originally thet South West Gig Guide, so there is a certain amount of natural leaning toward that area. However, my time on their forum shows me that it has a good set of adherents around the Home Counties too.