Why become a member? ×

SOLD!: Musicman Stingray 5.

Shockwave

Hey guys.

[size=3][b]Description[/b][/size]

Here we have a good example of a Musicman Stingray 5 String

[size=3][b]Specification[/b][/size]

Comes in a lovely discontinued purple colour, Nice maple neck! Has had its original nut replaced to solve the G string slipping off at the edge of the fretboard that seems to happen with most SR5's. I believe it is made out of bone and is a top class peice of work.

Comes with OHSC

[size=3][b]Functionality[/b][/size]

Absoloutely no problems electrically or structurally, all electronics are working smoothly. Trussrod is 100% functional.

[size=3][b]Playability[/b] [/size]

A nice low action! Typical Stingray playability.

[size=3][b]Sounds[/b][/size]

Real growly tone, plenty of flexibility in the pre-amp.

[size=3][b]Condition[/b][/size]

A couple of missing bits of finish, hard to photograph though! Some light scratches in the finish.

[size=3][b]Price/Trades[/b][/size]

£800 Picked up

Trades.

Part Exchange. (With cash my way) Fender USA Deluxe 5's plus cash, Gibson Grabber plus £300 cash. Maybe a part exchange with cash my way on a Musicman Stingray 4 string. No rosewood board basses please.

[size=3][b]Delivery[/b][/size]

Bass must be picked up from Bristol, would rather not post at this time. However, if you are interested in the bass and want to trade, then a meetup could be arranged. If you need to have it posted, let me know and i will contact you if i decide to post.

[size=3][b]Other information[/b][/size]

If you require any other information or specific photos of the bass, please let me know either by PM or my E-mail address Anubispearl [AT] hotmail.com, My number is also available for serious buyers. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW THIS BASS AT ANY TIME, OR WAIT ANY LENGTH OF TIME BEFORE COMING TO A DECISION ABOUT PARTING WITH THE BASS, Ideally i would sell this after i sold my bongo stealth V.

[size=3][b]Photos:[/b][/size]

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' post='883266' date='Jul 1 2010, 06:31 PM']That roof looks familiar! Where have I seen that before?

And how many Jazz Deluxes do you need?

Have a bump for a belter of a bass.[/quote]

Hey dude!

Still love the Jazz man :) Considering getting a Warmoth build Deluxe Jazz 5 in Antigua burst at the mo, The 19MM string spacing on your old deluxe really appeals to me!

Rob :rolleyes:

I also forgot to add that i have just put on a set of Black Bueaty Strings, A new bone nut has been installed to eliminate the G string slipping off the end of the fingerboard (Which seems to happen with most SR5's) and a set of Dunlop Strap Pins will be included with the bass.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='897848' date='Jul 18 2010, 10:34 AM']how come this stingray has a switch in the preamp and mine doesnt????/ are there variatoins in the stingrays?????/[/quote]

Because yours is a 4 string i imagine.

what a gorgeous Stingray 5!

@ munkonthehill - the three settings on the switch are Parallel/Single Coil/Series. parallel is most like the 4 string Ray tonewise,single coil is a bit thinner/more focused sounding and series has the most mids and is the thickest tone of the three

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='897982' date='Jul 18 2010, 12:31 PM']what a gorgeous Stingray 5!

@ munkonthehill - the three settings on the switch are Parallel/Single Coil/Series. parallel is most like the 4 string Ray tonewise,single coil is a bit thinner/more focused sounding and series has the most mids and is the thickest tone of the three[/quote]

ah cheers DB

everytime I see a 5 stringer I really want to take the plunge and get one.

The stealth that you were selling had me itching to buy it, although I didnt have the funds at the time and was gutted when it went (and not to me).

maybe once I learn how to use 4 strings I will eventually try a 5.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='898504' date='Jul 18 2010, 11:34 PM']everytime I see a 5 stringer I really want to take the plunge and get one.

The stealth that you were selling had me itching to buy it, although I didnt have the funds at the time and was gutted when it went (and not to me).

maybe once I learn how to use 4 strings I will eventually try a 5.[/quote]

The Stealth bongo was a nice bass! But didnt have the true stingray tone, and it too also had a 17.5 MM string spacing. Just prefer 19MM at the moment!

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='898504' date='Jul 18 2010, 11:34 PM']everytime I see a 5 stringer I really want to take the plunge and get one.

maybe once I learn how to use 4 strings I will eventually try a 5.[/quote]
Do it...you wont look back...i go back to a 4 all the time..cant understand why some people cant. thats my ingnorance..the string spacing and neck of an SR5 are a breeze as well....the low B of an SR5 is a monster too...the SR5 's b i had was super taught strung with slinky's..the best B string ive ever played..period