Why become a member? ×

Fretless '76 Fender P-bass for sale * GONE *

Clarky

As my last attempt at selling this ran to 3 pages and had an unhelpful intervention by a certain BC'er, I am starting it all over.

This is a gorgeous '76 fretless Fender Precision in amazing condition (a couple of small dings but looks like new from a few feet away, with incredibly vibrant paintwork and the rosewood board is in superb condition). The bass itself came from Vintage and Rare in Denmark Street and I paid £1,600 for it in March 2010 (its still shown on their website at £1,795t!). It weighs 10lbs. The overall condition of this bass is so good for a 34 year old that I suspect it has spent much of its life unplayed in its case - I have unfortunately carried on that tradition as I cannot play it and have decided I'm actually not bothered about being good at fretless (playing a fretted 4 string properly is ambition enough for me).

Due to personal preference I have swapped the standard black s/p for a 70s style tort one made for me by the Bass Doc so it looks very Jamerson. Of course both s/p's would be included in any sale. It has a pretty good condition Fender hard case, chrome covers and a certificate of authenticity from V&R. As far as I am aware it is completely 100% original (when wearing the black s/p of course).

Pics below:

From V&R
[attachment=53126:76fl2.jpg][attachment=53127:76fl.jpg][attachment=53128:76fl3.jpg][attachment=53129
:76fl4.jpg]

Wearing new tort s/p:
[attachment=53130:clarky_basses_001.JPG][attachment=53131:clarky_basses_005.JPG]

I was looking for £1500 ono but will this week accept £1400 cash for a quick deal (not including delivery)

Edited by Clarky

I've had a go on this bass and it's every bit as nice at looks.

Clarky turned down my trade goods (using the weak excuse that none of the basses I offered said "Alembic" on the headstock - pah!) so I can't relieve him of this.

Are you sure this time, mate? :rolleyes:

Best of luck with the sale!

I'm half tempted myself, just getting really into my latest fretless, but I also have no Alembics or Sadowskys, only a Jazz 50th Anniversary with the proper '62 chunky neck profile, but you'd have to prise that one out of my cold dead hands at the moment! :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='880181' date='Jun 28 2010, 06:58 PM']Are you sure this time, mate? :lol:

Best of luck with the sale!

I'm half tempted myself, just getting really into my latest fretless, but I also have no Alembics or Sadowskys, only a Jazz 50th Anniversary with the proper '62 chunky neck profile, but you'd have to prise that one out of my cold dead hands at the moment! :)[/quote]
I was sure last time, Rich, but felt publicly humiliated into giving it another go. But you can't polish a turd!*

I would also trade for one thousand and four hundred of your English pounds :rolleyes:

Edit: * for avoidance of doubt, the turd is my fretless playing not the bass!!!!!

Edited by Clarky

• 3 weeks later...

Trade did not work out. Hence up FS again

Edit: MUCH keener on cash than trades due to nasty surprise tax bill :)

Edit 2: Will have only occasional access to BC in next couple of weeks - will respond to any messages when I can

Edited by Clarky

Dude, put it on consignment at V&R, or trade it with them for something you either want or that's easier to sell here. It's an awesome bass, but as you;re finding, fretless Precisions are something of an acquired taste compared to their Jazz or 'ray counterparts. I'd love to have it for sure, but I have what I consider to be the perfect fretless Precision, and even I can't justify two. Alternatively, refer to my previous PM re eBay :)

Good luck either way

C

• 2 weeks later...

Another bump from hols!

As I recently had a very unpleasant tax demand I am really after cash but would consider a trade against something that I could potentially sell on (or at least, if it didn't sell quickly, I would enjoy playing inbetween times until it did sell). Given I like Fenders and their derivatives and Alembics it doesn't mean many possibilities but there's no harm in trying me (an Alembic or Sadowsky 5'er [with relatively narrow string spacing] would be good or a vintage Precision with maple neck [already got a lovely one with rosewood] or a Nash)

Edited by Clarky