Why become a member? ×

RIP Pete Quaife

flyfisher

Flippin heck. They are dropping like flies recently. We always play you really got me and all day of the night and they always go down a storm in the 2nd set. Strangley, he is in the bass tabs section of Guitar and Bass mag this month and it mentions that he was the first guy to own a Ricky 4001 (I think) in the UK and then Chris Squire and the others followed.

RIP buddy

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='877768' date='Jun 25 2010, 09:07 PM']Flippin heck. They are dropping like flies recently. We always play you really got me and all day of the night and they always go down a storm in the 2nd set.[/quote]

Me and our guitarist often end up jamming on Sunny Afternoon, Waterloo Sunset, Dedicated Follower..., All Of My Friends... etc. when we should be working on our own songs. There are so many great tunes in their catalogue, and I love his little double-time runs he stuck in on the bass.

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='877768' date='Jun 25 2010, 09:07 PM']Flippin heck. They are dropping like flies recently. We always play you really got me and all day of the night and they always go down a storm in the 2nd set. Strangley, he is in the bass tabs section of Guitar and Bass mag this month and it mentions that he was the first guy to own a Ricky 4001 (I think) in the UK and then Chris Squire and the others followed.

RIP buddy[/quote]

Yip one of the first 4 to own the Export 1999 Rick bass in the UK - the others being The Ox, Chris Squire and Donovan (no, not Jason)