Why become a member? ×

* SOLD * Rickenbacker 4001 * PENDING ETC *

Lysdexia

Nice bass ! I have a Q on the colour.

Azureglo or midnight blue ? The colour seems intensely radiant for azure, as the azure Ricks Ive seen personally have been much duller....yet I dont think midnight blue was out that year?. Im confused, but this is normal for me. Any experts on Rick colours out there please ?

PS Presume the colour is original ?

Edited by loweringthetone

[quote name='loweringthetone' post='877765' date='Jun 25 2010, 09:02 PM']Nice bass ! I have a Q on the colour.

Azureglo or midnight blue ? The colour seems intensely radiant for azure, as the azure Ricks Ive seen personally have been much duller....yet I dont think midnight blue was out that year?. Im confused, but this is normal for me. Any experts on Rick colours out there please ?

PS Presume the colour is original ?[/quote]

Hi there - the finish is of course original, but I'm not certain about the azure/midnight nomenclature. Probably why I called it Blue :)

What I can say about the perceived radiance (presuming you mean colour vibrancy) is my choice of lighting for the shots has a direct bearing on the photographic outcome. The difference, for example, in the first shot with the model and the individual close-ups illustrates this quite dramatically.

Again, if I was to shoot this low-key it could appear almost black, hi-key and a much lighter, paler blue would result - but the intent is to show the beauty and finish as best I can. I hope that helps!

[quote name='Lysdexia' post='877794' date='Jun 25 2010, 09:40 PM']Hi there - the finish is of course original, but I'm not certain about the azure/midnight nomenclature. Probably why I called it Blue :)

What I can say about the perceived radiance (presuming you mean colour vibrancy) is my choice of lighting for the shots has a direct bearing on the photographic outcome. The difference, for example, in the first shot with the model and the individual close-ups illustrates this quite dramatically.

Again, if I was to shoot this low-key it could appear almost black, hi-key and a much lighter, paler blue would result - but the intent is to show the beauty and finish as best I can. I hope that helps![/quote]

Thats great , thanks, and possibly the most technically competent answer I've ever had on the subject of colour. Beautiful indeed !

[quote name='SS73' post='878039' date='Jun 26 2010, 11:14 AM']On the side of the neck, at the nut area, are there any lacquer cracks. A close up pic? with perhaps a pleasing background :)[/quote]

On their way :rolleyes:

All PM's replied to - thanks for all the interest guys - getting closer!

• A close up of the binding at the nut, both sides.

• A close up looking slightly down onto the binding.

Hope these help :) More importantly - having had a quick check - the binding is in excellent condition around the nut and throughout.