Why become a member? ×

GAWN n DUNNITT

tino

[quote name='tino' post='863513' date='Jun 10 2010, 05:39 PM']Bought it blind... :) .......Will I love it???? :rolleyes:[/quote]
if you like big tubey sounding amp sounds, like an old valve rig, but easily manoeuvrable you will love this. Valve preamp can be driven from smooth warm to grungey distorto gain. Basically its great for practically any style of music except perhaps glassy hi-fi sounding slap (and I'm reckoning thats not your thang anyway!) Its also bl88dy loud for such a modest sized rig, so much so that I have never used my Mesa extension cab live (s'why I've been trying to sell it). Cracking combo.

[quote name='Bigwan' post='863782' date='Jun 10 2010, 10:15 PM']I've only played the 15" version, and only fleetingly, but it sounded very lush. Another bit of gear I have on my "to own" list![/quote]
I will probably be bored with it in a fortnight........Its the way I am :)

Looks like a great buy dude!
Ben Kenney of Incubus fame uses two of these and two Walkabout 12" extension cabs for his whole live rig, so they're definitely very capable little buggers! :)

Enjoy!
Eude

[quote name='tino' post='863788' date='Jun 10 2010, 10:19 PM']I will probably be bored with it in a fortnight........Its the way I am :)[/quote]

These are great amps. The tone from these has to be heard to be believed, especially in anger :rolleyes:

One of these has quite possibly replaced a 2 Aggie GS112 rig in my setup.

[quote name='Clarky' post='863520' date='Jun 10 2010, 05:46 PM']if you like big tubey sounding amp sounds, like an old valve rig, but easily manoeuvrable you will love this. Valve preamp can be driven from smooth warm to grungey distorto gain. Basically its great for practically any style of music except perhaps glassy hi-fi sounding slap (and I'm reckoning thats not your thang anyway!) Its also bl88dy loud for such a modest sized rig, so much so that I have never used my Mesa extension cab live (s'why I've been trying to sell it). Cracking combo.[/quote]
Im pondering on your cab....but and its a BIG BUT....Ive just bought the Precision from Tom and this so I may leave myself skint.........Hey Ive been skinter than this before...ShallI,Shant I,Should I ,Would I , Could I ...sort of reasoning???