Why become a member? ×

'76 Fender P Bass SOLDSOLD

Flanker

Picked up this lovely bass recently in a trade from HappJack, don't really want to sell but the original idea was to sell a bass to make some cash.

It has a fairly unpleasant ding, like a scrape, about a 5p size on the bottom horn and a small shallow chip on the back of the neck around the fourth fret but is basically in good shape. Also there is a filled pot by the controls which nobody seems to know was/is for.

Nice light weight, not more than 9lbs I guess and plays/sounds great.

As to its age I'm not entirely sure, Jack thought it was a '74/'75 but the neck stamp appears to be '76 ? Personally I am not too bothered because it's a mid seventies P Bass and it does all the things it should, I know some others will care deeply but I'm no expert here.

It has a proper Fender case and the silverware for the bridge/pi

Here's some pics. Thanks.

Edited by Flanker

[quote name='Flanker' post='861881' date='Jun 9 2010, 10:47 AM']Thanks Alan

Col you won't want to hear this but it was partly seeing your PJ for sale that motivated me to move this bass - I fancied the look of your PJ!!! :)

Can you get it back??? :rolleyes:[/quote]

Bum . . . . bum . . . . . pooh bum and double drat . . . .

[quote name='discreet' post='864804' date='Jun 11 2010, 11:42 PM']Ohh - it's definitely a '76. And it's sweeeet.[/quote]

I think its a pre 76, they moved the serial number from the neck plate to the front of the headstock in 76 Im sure.

Edited by cd_david

[quote name='cd_david' post='867228' date='Jun 14 2010, 05:42 PM']I think its a pre 76, they moved the serial number from the neck plate to the front of the headstock in 76 Im sure.[/quote]

They did, but earlier 76 models (like Flanker's, and indeed my own) retain the 68-76 Type 'C' logo and have the serial number on the neckplate.
I bought mine brand new in 76, and it has a 76 serial number. :)

Edited by discreet

OK I've just been a naughty boy again and spent money I don't have so this bass HAS TO GO!

£1250.oo ................for a pucker '76 Fender PBass with Fender hard case!

There's nothing wrong with this bass - I'm taking a hit financially! (as usual :))