Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie walkabout Scout

tino

[size=4]Hi All

Im looking for an MB walkabout scout .....Clarky was kind enough to PM that there was the possibility that one of you guys was thinking of selling...I lost the PM...thats how PC illiterate I am...So if you have one for sale please let me know

Cheers
T[/size]

[quote name='tino' post='857672' date='Jun 4 2010, 08:48 PM'][size=4]Hi All

Im looking for an MB walkabout scout .....Clarky was kind enough to PM that there was the possibility that one of you guys was thinking of selling...I lost the PM...thats how PC illiterate I am...So if you have one for sale please let me know

Cheers
T[/size][/quote]

I think that was Michael aka Water of Tyne. Can't believe he'd actually sell it, but he's just scored a TC head that he's very happy with, so you never know....

[quote name='Beedster' post='857680' date='Jun 4 2010, 08:57 PM']I think that was Michael aka Water of Tyne. Can't believe he'd actually sell it, but he's just scored a TC head that he's very happy with, so you never know....[/quote]
Thanks Fella Clarky was kind enough to PM me again and Ive sent him a message...
There was one on Gumtree yesterday but the fella advertised as london but then said Portsmouth when contacted and he demands I go down and jam allnight with him...a stay over Blah Blah Blah....and he only wants £500.......giving away to good to be true etc etc
I love a bargain but I would rather protect my modesty..
I'd rather pay more and not risk piles...lol

There's one on ebay now, but up north near Manchester. [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mesa-Boogie-Walkabout-Scout-112-Bass-Amplifier-300W-/170494439305?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item27b242af89#ht_820wt_1137"] here's a link [/url]

[quote name='TPJ' post='857948' date='Jun 5 2010, 08:52 AM']There's one on ebay now, but up north near Manchester. [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mesa-Boogie-Walkabout-Scout-112-Bass-Amplifier-300W-/170494439305?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item27b242af89#ht_820wt_1137"] here's a link [/url][/quote]
Unfortunately he will not allow for a courier,but thanks for the pointer
Cheers
T

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='858353' date='Jun 5 2010, 05:43 PM']Hey Tino

Sorry... been away for a few days.

Yep, I'm thinking of selling, but desperately trying to talk myself out of it. If I decide to, I'll let you know...[/quote]
Appreciated

Tony

One thing to keep in mind about the RH450 heads, for those of you with paying gig commitments, is that when they fail they can be a lot trickier to fix that conventional analogue or other class-D amps. Pretty much any local amp tech could fix a Walkabout when it goes up in smoke, but the RH450 digitises the analogue input and does the audio processing in the digital domain in a Motorola DSP (think of it as a fast single chip computer). Most amp techs wont be able to diagnose or fix that anymore than they would a fault on a PC motherboard, so you're looking at sending the head away for a warranty repair.

Most class-D or so called digital amps are in fact all analogue, and are usually pretty easy to fix with parts on hand.

[quote name='BB2000' post='858505' date='Jun 5 2010, 10:21 PM']One thing to keep in mind about the RH450 heads, for those of you with paying gig commitments, is that when they fail they can be a lot trickier to fix that conventional analogue or other class-D amps. Pretty much any local amp tech could fix a Walkabout when it goes up in smoke, but the RH450 digitises the analogue input and does the audio processing in the digital domain in a Motorola DSP (think of it as a fast single chip computer). Most amp techs wont be able to diagnose or fix that anymore than they would a fault on a PC motherboard, so you're looking at sending the head away for a warranty repair.

Most class-D or so called digital amps are in fact all analogue, and are usually pretty easy to fix with parts on hand.[/quote]
...bit of a tangent this, innit?

[quote name='BB2000' post='858518' date='Jun 5 2010, 10:38 PM']Probably...

I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't want to have an RH450 as my only amp.[/quote]
To be honest, I wouldn't want to have ANY amp as my only amp!

The handful of repairs I've heard about have been turned around pretty quickly by TC.

Edited by wateroftyne

[quote name='BB2000' post='858518' date='Jun 5 2010, 10:38 PM']Probably...

I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't want to have an RH450 as my only amp.[/quote]
[size=6]And the moral of this story is..?????[/size]

I mean no offence by this, but ive heard of a lot more failures with Mesa products than I have TC.

We pay through the nose here for Mesa, and yes its amazing, but we get the raw deal price wise.

My TC amp had some minor problems after 4 months and I got a brand new unit, no messing about.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='858556' date='Jun 5 2010, 11:44 PM']My TC amp had some minor problems after 4 months and I got a brand new unit, no messing about.[/quote]

Their policy (TC's) in the US seems to be to replace warranty returns. Once repaired the returned units are then sold to dealers to resell as B grade units with a healthy discount. Presumably Panic Music do the same?

[quote name='BB2000' post='858573' date='Jun 6 2010, 12:20 AM']Their policy (TC's) in the US seems to be to replace warranty returns. Once repaired the returned units are then sold to dealers to resell as B grade units with a healthy discount. Presumably Panic Music do the same?[/quote]

I've no idea. Put it this way, after speaking to TC themselves I'm very happy with their customer service. Their amps are good prices for what you get, as are the cabinets.

Mesa are great, but the UK prices are just plain silly.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='858583' date='Jun 6 2010, 12:37 AM']I've no idea. Put it this way, after speaking to TC themselves I'm very happy with their customer service. Their amps are good prices for what you get, as are the cabinets.[/quote]

I'm not knocking them, I own a rebel head myself.

[quote]Mesa are great, but the UK prices are just plain silly.[/quote]

The prices certainly are steep. I'd like to know if the high price is reflected in the UK dealers profit margin, or if it all goes to Mesa.