Why become a member? ×

TC Electronics Polytune iPhone app!

Musicman20

[quote name='Commando Jack' post='849503' date='May 27 2010, 03:49 PM']I wish they would release this for Blackberry OS. I don't mind not having iFart etc, but when it's genuinely useful...

Come on TC![/quote]

bassists are too cool for blackberry's.... ;0)

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='849517' date='May 27 2010, 04:04 PM']i got the peterson strobosoft app for the touch , it seems very accurate but its not always working properly, though I bought the adapter.
Just got the polytune stomp pedal and it works great for gigs[/quote]

I too have the Strobosoft app, and I find that it works very well indeed. The only thing that I have noticed is that you need to release the tuning peg to allow the note to settle: the pressure you apply to the tuning peg slightly changes the pitch of the string. Mind you, I can't say that you notice the difference between accurate +/- 0 cents pitch and slightly inaccurate pitch!

Back to the Polytune, you tune the strings individually, and as I'm plucking with my right hand I can simultaneously tune with the left, so what exactly is the advantage? Mind you, if it's not too expensive I may give the app a try.

[quote name='crez5150' post='849520' date='May 27 2010, 04:08 PM']bassists are too cool for blackberry's.... ;0)[/quote]

the reason why Iphones have better apps is because everyday people make them.. it's quite funny really.. It's really apple it everyone.

Couldn't believe this app is available for free! Downloaded it in a flash, and as with others, it worked a treat with the Strobosoft cable. I'm expecting it to be just fine with the iRig cable too, which is probably my next investment...

[quote name='Musicman20' post='855909' date='Jun 3 2010, 11:40 AM']I still personally like having a pedal; I don't really want my phone on the floor :)[/quote]
I have mine plugged into the tuner output and leave it resting on my amp. Not the greatest of plans, as it usually ends up being vibrated off :rolleyes:

Probably a better solution would be to get a belt clip or similar for the iPhone, and wear it like you would a wireless system.

Just downloaded this now, may not (in theory at least) be as accurate as the istroboft, but at the moment it is working a hell of a lot better, great even through the iphones mic! Great app :)

• 1 year later...