Why become a member? ×

FUNKY WILL YOUNG COVER

JMT3781

i totally agree lol, i was in a lot of trouble for that... shes my missus lol.

in my defence, it was supposed to be my solo, which was forgotten about

[quote name='ironside1966' post='854057' date='Jun 1 2010, 08:18 PM']Good band and good bass player.

When the lady was talking it seem like you where soloing over her which I found a bit rude, but that only my opinion.

good work[/quote]

i'll tell him that, his ego needs some deflation :)

[quote name='Moos3h' post='854201' date='Jun 1 2010, 09:51 PM']Nice cover....feels like the drummer is a wee bit off every now and then though, somehow his crashes aren't landing quite where the rest of you are.

Good stuff though![/quote]

Bass is a shuker custom Jazz, glockenklang head (now platypus') and two markbass 4x10's

thanks for the kind words:)

[quote name='HoweDy' post='858055' date='Jun 5 2010, 11:39 AM']Well you just made me feel like a crap player :) sounded awesome man, and a tastey tone. What bass and rig are you using?[/quote]

Its a pair of nordstrand fat stacks, with shukers own 2 band preamp

[quote name='MythSte' post='858886' date='Jun 6 2010, 02:05 PM']I think thats almost my perfect jazz tone, Slightly raspy but with good fundamentals. What pickups/preamp are in the bass?[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='880752' date='Jun 29 2010, 10:50 AM']i think your technique you using in front pickup with your right hand acheived that punchy sound am i right?????[/quote]

yeah, cuz the strings are looser there i can dig in a a bit more and get i nice healthy twang lol :)