Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cheap Trick touring in the UK

Delberthot

Surprised this hasn't been posted already but I've just bought tickets to see Cheap Trick at the O2 ABC in Glasgow in November

Didn't think they'd ever play in the UK and certainly not within reasonable distance to me.

Unfortunately no Bun E Carlos, currently being replaced by Rick Neilson's son.

I'm already writing the wanted ad:

" Wanted - 12 string bass: Waterstone TP12, Hamer B12A or Chandler"

now I come to mention it, its been at least a couple of years since I had an 8 never mind a 12ver.

Edited by Delberthot

I saw them supporting Motley Crue of all bands way back on the Crue's Theatre Of Pain tour at Hammy.
Great gig!!
That was the night (Valentine's Day) that Nikki went out straight after the gig, scored some brown, OD'ed and was pronounced clinically dead in hospital. Clever lad!

[quote name='Delberthot' post='843570' date='May 20 2010, 09:31 PM']Unfortunately no Bun E Carlos, currently being replaced by Rick Neilson's son.[/quote]

Presumably just for the tour?

[quote name='tombboy' post='844172' date='May 21 2010, 02:03 PM']I saw them supporting Motley Crue of all bands way back on the Crue's Theatre Of Pain tour at Hammy.
Great gig!!
That was the night (Valentine's Day) that Nikki went out straight after the gig, scored some brown, OD'ed and was pronounced clinically dead in hospital. Clever lad![/quote]

I usually just have a diet coke, wipe down the strings & pack away. Less exciting but I feel good the next morning :)

[quote name='tombboy' post='844172' date='May 21 2010, 02:03 PM']I saw them supporting Motley Crue of all bands way back on the Crue's Theatre Of Pain tour at Hammy.
Great gig!!
That was the night (Valentine's Day) that Nikki went out straight after the gig, scored some brown, OD'ed and was pronounced clinically dead in hospital. Clever lad![/quote]

me too. Saw them a few times in london. Thought the Albert Hall was a mistake tho' , the atmosphere was lost there.
Funny band tho'- great live ,but I just think they're too wimpy on record.