Why become a member? ×

Gretsch Tennessee Rose

1992 Gretsch Tennessee Rose, Filtertrons, original case. Stunning guitar in very nice condition for it's age. A few light marks here and there and a couple of small dings but nothing major, and only light rash on the back. Proper F holes not the painted on ones the newer models have. Tone to [i]die[/i] for.

The previous owner removed the Bigsby B6C and replaced it with a hard tail which I prefer.

These go for well over a grand used, but I'd like £850, and I'll do my best to drive it to you within reason.

Beautiful guitar, but I need some cash or another bass, so it has to go.

[b]GONE[/b] !! Edited by Rayman

Oh I think I just soiled myself! I'm a big Gretsch fan and after watching the Tom Petty film (4 wonderful hours) my devotion is somewhat amplified. A new house and car make this out of the question, but what a beaut! Get thee behind me satan/Rayman :)

:) Thanks for that. Yeah I'm a big fan too, Brian Setzer, Richard Hawley, and did you see Crowded House on Jools Holland? Neil Finn was playing a stunning Duo Jet I think, it sounded fantastic.

It's a beautiful thing as you can see...........

I don't have the Bigsby B6C I'm afraid, and that's reflected in the price. They can be picked up for as little as 80 quid on ebay.

[quote name='Rayman' post='840505' date='May 18 2010, 08:36 AM']:rolleyes: Thanks for that. Yeah I'm a big fan too, Brian Setzer, Richard Hawley, and did you see Crowded House on Jools Holland? Neil Finn was playing a stunning Duo Jet I think, it sounded fantastic.[/quote]

Didn't see Jools (getting tired of waiting for something decent to come on, but that's another thread). Brian Setzer is one of my top 3 guitar players, he is sooo the man. Stop posting more pictures I can't stand it! :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='842008' date='May 19 2010, 01:24 PM']I have a guitarist friend who would love this but he won't come anywhere near it as he knows he'd have to buy it :)[/quote]

Feel free to point him in this direction Steve :rolleyes: .

I'd be very interested in a Les Paul, or a Geddy or Marcus Jazz plus some cash.

Edited by Rayman

Pre holiday bump.

I'm away for a week from tomorrow, so I'll reply to any messages when I get back.

I'm open to offers on this, ideally I'd like a nice Jazz or Stingray, or maybe a Sandberg PM or JM, and I've always wanted a Warwick Streamer Stage 1 or 2, something along those lines anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I'd have this in a thrice if I had the cash!!!

Check out Sam Weber with Ronnie Hawkins makin that Gretsch sing!! [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pqcR9HqSKA&playnext_from=TL&videos=KwcaIDhuu2g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pqcR9HqSKA...eos=KwcaIDhuu2g[/url]

[quote name='monquixote' post='857890' date='Jun 5 2010, 01:08 AM']I have a G&L L2000 if that floats your boat[/quote]

Maybe yeah, is it a US one? Could you send me some details via PM?

Cheers.

[quote name='Rayman' post='835634' date='May 12 2010, 08:14 PM']

1992 Gretsch Tennessee Rose, Filtertrons, original case. Stunning guitar in very nice condition for it's age. A few light marks here and there and a couple of small dings but nothing major, and only light rash on the back. Proper F holes not the painted on ones the newer models have. Tone to [i]die[/i] for.

The previous owner removed the Bigsby B6C and replaced it with a hard tail which I prefer.

These go for well over a grand used, but I'd like £850, and I'll do my best to drive it to you within reason.

Beautiful guitar, but I need some cash or another bass, so it has to go.[/quote]
Hi Rayman

I have passed a link to a freind and hopefully he will get in touch with you...I already have one,else would have been interested..
Cheers and good luck
T