Why become a member? ×

Blister on picking hand index finger

Jamesemt

Had a great gig last night but had to use SS strings instead of Nickels and dug in a bit too much (Im a sucker for a good crowd...).

I've now got a blister on my finger - should I pop it today so that hopefully it heals for next Saturday?

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='832000' date='May 9 2010, 10:47 AM']Had a great gig last night but had to use SS strings instead of Nickels and dug in a bit too much (Im a sucker for a good crowd...).

I've now got a blister on my finger - should I pop it today so that hopefully it heals for next Saturday?[/quote]

I had two blisters the other day from continued use of my fingers I used to be 95% pick, but now its shifting to 80% fingerstyle, and I like it.

The blisters hardened up within 2 days, just leave them :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='832081' date='May 9 2010, 12:12 PM']You've got a week. A whole week.

Unless your index finger was once lost in an industrial accident and the surgeons replaced it with a donor GIRL'S FINGER you'll be absolutely fine.[/quote]

:) :rolleyes: :lol:

I know ur pain! I got up for a jazz jam on monday night and used the guys own bass, a fender jazz with double bass like action and massive guage. We were really going for it and I ended up with a blood blister on my finger, unfortunately I had 2 rehearsals and 3 gigs this week! I burst it that same night, best thing to do, let it dry out and form some new hard skin over the top of it as quickly as possible. I just turned my amp louder than usual and used a lighter touch than normal to prevent further damage...might be an option that I continue to use actiually!

How about a 'bass related injuries with pics' style thread?!
:)

Sulphuric acid and man up a bit.

But leaving it to harden is better if you want to be a big girl's blouse. If you burst it, the layer on top will be able to move against the layer underneath and it may come back nastier, or it may slough [1] off and leave you with a tender exposed area.

[1] Why not Reading, or Swindon?