Why become a member? ×

Envelope filter / Auto waw

danny-79

I'm at present using and Ashdown Envelope filter, I don't have any problems with it i guess Ive just got board with it and am looking for something else and haven't a clue ware to start looking so i thought id have an ask who uses what .
Your advice is appreciated.
Possibly selling the Ashdown if anybody is interested, Pm for details.

My standard answer to the envelope filter question is to check out the
Emma Electronic DiscumBOBulator. I've been using one for a while now
and love it.
Although I am interested in trying out the 3 Leaf Audio Groove Regulator.

[quote name='Doddy' post='827633' date='May 4 2010, 04:47 PM']Although I am interested in trying out the 3 Leaf Audio Groove Regulator.[/quote]
i got mine a few weeks ago, and it is fantastic. I've never used the Emma pedal, so i can't compare.

but it is much better suited to my bass/taste/ear than my EHX Q-tron.

I find the Q-tron too 'honky/middley' for me (sorry about naff description). although other people swear by them..

this may be down to my active mm streling though... the 3-leaf seems to be more adaptable to the output, if that makes any sense ?...

the EBS one seems to get good reviews too..

[quote name='Doddy' post='827633' date='May 4 2010, 04:47 PM']My standard answer to the envelope filter question is to check out the
and love it.
Although I am interested in trying out the 3 Leaf Audio Groove Regulator.[/quote]

I have a 3leaf :) it's amazing the amount of sounds you can get from it. The internal loop is also very good with a good fuzz stucked in there. It's a bit pricey (215€ with P&P and customs to Portugal) for a pedal but it ended my eternal quest for an auto-wah. I don't know if he's the best in the market but i've tried and seen reviews of a lot of wahs and this thing blows them all away.
If you link in this order: Octave -> Overdrive -> 3Leaf , with the 3leaf in the down sweep position and juggle a bit with the three fx you can get some very nice synthy sounds, kinda like the EHX Bass Microsynth sound but not that good, obviously! ... hummm... i think there's some GAS for a Microsynth comming up!

[quote name='Doddy' post='827633' date='May 4 2010, 04:47 PM']My standard answer to the envelope filter question is to check out the
and love it.
Although I am interested in trying out the 3 Leaf Audio Groove Regulator.[/quote]
+1 for the discumBOBulator, absolutely cracking little filter!! my q-tron beats it in `down` mode tho..

+1 in being interested in trying a 3leaf out too!