Why become a member? ×

A few right angle George L's

pantherairsoft

Hi guys,

Some cool stuff for sale...

[color="#FF0000"]6 Right Angle George L (screw together, not solder)[/color] plugs and a pile of random lengths of cable. I'll let the plugs go at [b]£3.50 each[/b] and will throw in some cable for each batch that is bought. Buy the lot and you'll get all the cable.

[color="#FF0000"]MAMMOTHsoundaudio custom 400hz Mid Booster[/color]. SOLD

[color="#FF0000"]PedalTrain2 with Soft Case[/color]. SOLD

[color="#FF0000"]MAMMOTHsoundaudio Mini Looper[/color]. SOLD

[color="#FF0000"]MAMMOTHsoundaudio custom Chimaera Feedback Looper[/color]. SOLD

[color="#FF0000"]EMMA Electronics DiscumBOBulator with custom SFX built selector switch[/color]. SOLD

[color="#FF0000"]Jim Dunlop High Gain Volume Pedal[/color]. SOLD

[color="#FF0000"]MXR Bass Blowtorch[/color]. SOLD

[color="#FF0000"]Tech 21 XXL Bass Edition[/color]. SOLD

[color="#FF0000"]EBS Octabass[/color]. SOLD

[color="#FF0000"]SFX Custom built Interface Box[/color]. SOLD

Trades for…
Filter or Synth Pedals!

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

Maybe dude. Things can always be bought again though… It won't go anywhere unless the right offer comes along.

The DiscumBOBulator in the feedback loop sounds like a female scream. In fact, if you get the feedback just right its quite scary how 'human' it can sound.

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='gafbass02' post='824641' date='May 1 2010, 10:30 AM']Dude could you share some more about that custom rf etc filter? I'm always curious about such things after working in hifi for years.[/quote]

Here you go dude…

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=71973&view=findpost&p=787781"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=787781[/url]

You basically plug your instrument into it and it goes out to the amp, so its the first and last thing in the loop. Power supply goes into it and then the daisy chains come out of it, rather than it just being one of the pedals powered on the chain.

Works great, no worries about sh*te power supply in venues destroying my pedals anymore. The RF filter is just an added bonus :-)

Shep

No worries, if you want more about the technology involved and exactly how it does it then I'd give Max (Silent Fly) a shout... I left those details of the build to him

Also, I decided to sit and worth out actual costs for this and the purchase prices based on online retail is pennies short of £1400! That works as a good basis for trades on basses worth similar, an I am
happy to put some cah down towards more expensive gear.

I would also accept £1000 cash sale.

I played through an earlier incarnation of this pedal board, and it was a lot of fun :) Playing through this was partly responsible for me assembling my own pedalboard!

Best of luck with the sale Shep!

Mark

EBS Octabass, MXR Bass Blowtorch, Tech 21 XXL & sfx Interface Box all sold.

Prices on the pedals now includes P&P. Shipping terms on the PedalTrain still stands.

Still looking for a PedalTrain Mini... May also be interested still in a nice 6 or 7 string for the remaining stuff plus cash your way!

Edited by pantherairsoft

It's a little hard to explain... I've never really got tongrips with it. The dial adjutant the level of feedback, it's very subtle until you hit the 'feedback point' which seems to be different for each pedal. When you hit the spot so to speak it makes some crazy swirly sounds or huge screams and bird songs for envelope filter. I'd say it sounds like multiple layers when you crank it up.

If you want a more technical description of how it works in terms of layers I'd drop 'umph' as PM as he built it.

[quote name='benzies123' post='834767' date='May 11 2010, 10:11 PM']How many layers does that looper do? I'm assuming only one but if it's any more I am very interested.

Cheers[/quote]

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='834869' date='May 11 2010, 11:20 PM']It's a little hard to explain... I've never really got tongrips with it. The dial adjutant the level of feedback, it's very subtle until you hit the 'feedback point' which seems to be different for each pedal. When you hit the spot so to speak it makes some crazy swirly sounds or huge screams and bird songs for envelope filter. I'd say it sounds like multiple layers when you crank it up.

If you want a more technical description of how it works in terms of layers I'd drop 'umph' as PM as he built it.[/quote]

I have a feeling benzies123 might have confused the feedback looper with an actual sound on sound looper like the Akai Headrush or something. What a feedback looper does is feed the output of whatever's in the loop back to the input, ie, delay being infinitely delayed by itself or flanging a flanger etc. It yields some pretty crazy sounds depending on what you put in there!

[quote name='Chris V.' post='836514' date='May 13 2010, 07:43 PM']The MAMMOTHsoundaudio custom Chimaera Feedback Looper; is that just like the BargeConcepts VFB-2?[/quote]

Hi, Yes in terms of Foot switch config, but not in terms of the control knobs. The Barge Concepts one has a clean and feedback blend. This has a control of how intense the feedback gets, so No feedback, through a little, all the way up to amp-screaming-forhelp-can't-cope-with-it-feedback.

Shep

[quote name='mcgraham' post='836045' date='May 13 2010, 11:57 AM']Crazy thought, has anyone ever done a theremin controlled feedback looper?[/quote]

I kind of have that with my wah probe in a feedback loop with overdrives and modulation.

[quote name='Chris V.' post='836514' date='May 13 2010, 07:43 PM']The MAMMOTHsoundaudio custom Chimaera Feedback Looper; is that just like the BargeConcepts VFB-2?[/quote]
The feedback loop part of it is, the effects loop is unbuffered and doesn't feature a clean blend.