Why become a member? ×

+++ SOLD +++ Yamaha TRB5 - £325 !!! +++ SOLD +++

WHUFC BASS

I've got 4 basses at the moment, two Trabens a Spector and this Yamaha. This gets the least amount of use since I got the Trabens. As we're doing some recordings in May we need a decent 4 string so I'm offering this Yamaha in part ex (cash either way) for a decent 4 string. Not interested in Fenders, I'm mainly after a Musicman Sub, a Traben Chaos 4-string, a decent Spector or a G&L.

The Yamaha is in players condition. I bought this off a session musician who'd made some adjustments to it. Its got some issues which I'll outline here:

1) Some arse of a luthier drilled a hole for a new jack plug in the wrong place so there's a hole (see photos).

2) There's a few screw holes in the body where a thumb rest was fitted.

3) There's what looks like some glue marks on the pickups

4) There's a number of wear marks on the body - around the control knobs and round the heel of the body.

5) There's a small pick-guard that was attached by the previous owner as it helped with slapping according to him. I don't really use it for slap so couldn't tell you if it does or not!

Its in player's condition but it does have the added bonus of having Nordstrand pickups and an Audere pre-amp which sounds the nuts. It plays superbly and has a fairly new set of DR Hi-Beams on it. Its also got Schaller Straplocks too.

I've used it a few times at gigs, through an Ampeg SVT 5 and 8x10 and through a old H&H rig and it sounded equally as good through both. I'm really looking for trades on this but would be willing to sell for £[s]375[/s] ono £325.

Also comes with Yamaha hard case.

Edited by WHUFC BASS

Bump - £325. Need to offload this !

This is a serious bargain - it may not be mint but for the money you're getting:

Nordstrand pickups
Audere pre-amp
Schaller Strap pins
A superbly crafted made in Japan bass.

• 2 weeks later...

This is still for sale - had a few offers but none has really moved me.

In answer to the question about the pre-amp, its this one:

[url="http://audereaudio.com/Classic4B.htm"]http://audereaudio.com/Classic4B.htm[/url]

The pickups are fat stacks (that was the previous owner told me):

[url="http://www.nordstrandpickups.com/bass-pickups/index.shtml"]http://www.nordstrandpickups.com/bass-pickups/index.shtml[/url]

£325 and I'd rather this be picked up than posted to be honest.

SERIOUS BARGAIN ALERT !!

Still interested in trades for the following: -

Trace Elliot SMX head

Black w/Maple neck Squier Strat (must have been routed to house a humbucker) + a few quid my way

Status Graphite Replacement Neck for Stingray

Probably going to stick this on Ebay next week if I don't manage to sell here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='821158' date='Apr 27 2010, 08:56 PM']I've got 4 basses at the moment, two Trabens a Spector and this Yamaha. This gets the least amount of use since I got the Trabens. As we're doing some recordings in May we need a decent 4 string so I'm offering this Yamaha in part ex (cash either way) for a decent 4 string. Not interested in Fenders, I'm mainly after a Musicman Sub, a Traben Chaos 4-string, a decent Spector or a G&L.

The Yamaha is in players condition. I bought this off a session musician who'd made some adjustments to it. Its got some issues which I'll outline here:

1) Some arse of a luthier drilled a hole for a new jack plug in the wrong place so there's a hole (see photos).

2) There's a few screw holes in the body where a thumb rest was fitted.

3) There's what looks like some glue marks on the pickups

4) There's a number of wear marks on the body - around the control knobs and round the heel of the body.

5) There's a small pick-guard that was attached by the previous owner as it helped with slapping according to him. I don't really use it for slap so couldn't tell you if it does or not!

Its in player's condition but it does have the added bonus of having Nordstrand pickups and an Audere pre-amp which sounds the nuts. It plays superbly and has a fairly new set of DR Hi-Beams on it. Its also got Schaller Straplocks too.

I've used it a few times at gigs, through an Ampeg SVT 5 and 8x10 and through a old H&H rig and it sounded equally as good through both. I'm really looking for trades on this but would be willing to sell for £[s]375[/s] ono £325.

Also comes with Yamaha hard case.[/quote]