Why become a member? ×

So I am now Ampless!

throwoff

Due to living abroad for most of this year and having an unexpected bill to contend with I am now sans amplifier!

I intend to get when I get back to UK in late August as my old band are planning on shaping up and hitting the road.

Heres what Im thinking

2 Cabs - either 2 410 or a 410 and 115
Head (at least 300W)
Budget £1500

I really want a full stack (I know, I know.. little combo, just as loud etc etc but I have a big ego to massage!)

I have some ideas

But I fancy throwing this out to the floor for some suggeestion, maybe some stuff I didnt even consider before see where I end up!

Also no Barefaced, Berg or Eden or Phil Jones they're not for me!

[quote name='throwoff' post='815792' date='Apr 23 2010, 09:22 AM']Due to living abroad for most of this year and having an unexpected bill to contend with I am now sans amplifier!

I intend to get when I get back to UK in late August as my old band are planning on shaping up and hitting the road.

Heres what Im thinking

2 Cabs - either 2 410 or a 410 and 115
Head (at least 300W)
Budget £1500

I really want a full stack (I know, I know.. little combo, just as loud etc etc but I have a big ego to massage!)

I have some ideas

But I fancy throwing this out to the floor for some suggeestion, maybe some stuff I didnt even consider before see where I end up!

Also no Barefaced, Berg or Eden or Phil Jones they're not for me![/quote]

The Throw Offs are getting back?

NOOOO ! I wish we could just for a one off but it's so hard to arrange, we played together for a few hours at Adams last summer for the first time in 4+ years and it was awesome we planned to do it again but with work, people living miles away now etc etc never happened.

This is my other band, we never got gigging properly before I left.
The guys are still jamming without bass though and going to send me 4 tracks and tabs so hopefully when I get back I pretty much know the material.

I write all the lyrics anyway so I usually have a rough idea where I want the song to go.

Plus moving back to UK and down to Brighton so awesome places to gig!

Edited by throwoff

You could get a full Orange stack for that. You could get them new with a Bass Terror (500W Hybrid head) or you might even be able to afford the Ad200b if you got everything second hand.
I have no experience with the Orange cabs, but I hear they're good. I love my bass terror. Hope this helps :)

I'm biased but I'd say look at the Aggie 1x12 cabs. Doubled up the DB112s make a formidable noise.

Even though I use a Thunderfunk and rate it very highly you're unlikely to find one around so I would suggest matching the Aggie cabs with the 500w Aggie head. However, it has to be said for that kind of budget most of us could go on to list a whole host of alternatives and any one would probably be a stonker! :rolleyes:

Good luck in your quest, it should be fun. :)

[quote name='robthegaff' post='817751' date='Apr 25 2010, 12:45 AM']You could get a full Orange stack for that. You could get them new with a Bass Terror (500W Hybrid head) or you might even be able to afford the Ad200b if you got everything second hand.
I have no experience with the Orange cabs, but I hear they're good. I love my bass terror. Hope this helps :)[/quote]

Wierdly enough I ALWAYS wanted and Orange but I seem to have forgotten they exist up until this very moment!

I'm so tempted by so many things!

[quote name='throwoff' post='818877' date='Apr 26 2010, 08:48 AM']Wierdly enough I ALWAYS wanted and Orange but I seem to have forgotten they exist up until this very moment!

I'm so tempted by so many things![/quote]

Righty....I will fully recommend the Orange stack. Yes, Im biased, but if you are going for a full rock n roll rig, do it in style. Orange is the way to go.

Heavy as hell, tone for days. Rock n roll.

I'll always recommend Bergantino cabs,but you already said no so..........

The Genz Benz stuff is great-I've been using one of their heads for ages. Other than
that,I really like the Hartke stuff. You can get a really good 'full' rig,well under your
budget.