Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash?

JMT3781

Midlands people!
Is there currently any plans for another bass bash around birmingham? i know i just missed the wood and tronics bass bash at bass direct, however i was wondering if there was anything going on a little bit more north?

If anyone would be up for such an event, i work at a rehearsal room in walsall, and would be able to get rooms for free or at very little cost at certain times..

Anyone interested in gettin the midlands lot together? or anyone else really lol!

[quote name='JMT3781' post='812908' date='Apr 20 2010, 07:23 PM']Midlands people!
Is there currently any plans for another bass bash around birmingham? i know i just missed the wood and tronics bass bash at bass direct, however i was wondering if there was anything going on a little bit more north?

If anyone would be up for such an event, i work at a rehearsal room in walsall, and would be able to get rooms for free or at very little cost at certain times..

Anyone interested in gettin the midlands lot together? or anyone else really lol![/quote]

chances are me and simon1964 will be there if ones being held, but theren't arent any arranged atm as far as i know.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='812986' date='Apr 20 2010, 07:28 PM']There was talk of a Nottingham one, not sure what's happening though.[/quote]
was my idea....
i have no time to do so - partner with M.E. and a small baby. I realised that I can attend one for a couple of hours but not manage the whole thing, collect money etc

[quote name='JMT3781' post='812908' date='Apr 20 2010, 07:23 PM']Midlands people!
Is there currently any plans for another bass bash around birmingham? i know i just missed the wood and tronics bass bash at bass direct, however i was wondering if there was anything going on a little bit more north?[/quote]

I iz newbie, but I'd be up for something like that!

[quote]If anyone would be up for such an event, i work at a rehearsal room in walsall, and would be able to get rooms for free or at very little cost at certain times..[/quote]

That sounds good - which studio is it then dude? I'm in Walsall myself at the minute, living up by the brewery - I've run one-off jam nights and stuff at the Wheatsheaf before now, who're quite amenable to it.

[quote name='Rosh' post='813271' date='Apr 21 2010, 12:08 AM']What's a Bassbash!? I could be interested!?[/quote]

basically a meeting between basschatters, we bring our gear along and you have a go on other peoples stuff, you get to meet other basschatters, its basically basschat but face to face!

Though a rehearsal room would be ok, like I said in the other thread, a pub would be better.

Being stuck in a smallish soundproofed (and therfore hot and smelly) room isn't as appealing as sitting in a pub with a pint or two and having the gear spread out so a few people can be trying various things at once without clashing too much.