Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Warwick Thumb 5 NT (1991)

papawookie

[b]*SOLD* Warwick Thumb 5 NT (1991)[/b]

Hi everyone.

It is with great sadness that I post this as I am offering you an instrument that I have spent almost half my life with. I put everything on the line to buy this back then and have never once regretted it. Unfortunately, since my voyage to the 'other side of the glass' it not resides mostly on the control room wall, and it is far to beautiful an instrument to be neglected in that way. I genuinely feel I have an obligation to pass it on.

Bubinga and Wenge. Original MEC electronics. Great condition. No major battle scars, just a small indent where i have placed my thumb for 18yrs. (Image attached)
Original Warwick Passport showing manufatured date (23/10/91), trust rod and bits and Warwick gig-bag.

Apologies for the standard of images, I try but I'm no photographer.

[b][s]£2000 o.n.o.[/s] [color=#ff0000]NOW £1250[/color][/b]

Cheers

W

[attachment=54891:DSC01638.JPG]
[attachment=54892:DSC01642.JPG]
[attachment=54896:DSC01641.JPG]
[attachment=54895:DSC01647.JPG]
[attachment=54893:DSC01643.JPG]
[attachment=54894:DSC01646.JPG]

Edited by Hamster

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

Forgot that this was still for sale on here. I had decided not to sell it as the price I wanted was unrealistic and more reflected an unwillingness to see it go.

My mind has changed again as it has seen little action in the last 2 years.

I am prepared to accept [color=#ff0000][b]£1250[/b][/color] for this vintage specimen.

Best regards

W.

Edited by papawookie

This is one beast of a bass. I have one of those (89 with EMGs) and this will give you the Warwick growl for ever. Many say the 5st NT Thumb is the Warwick tone and I totally agree with that. Who ever buys this bass will not be disappointed (I'm a bit biased).

Bumpedy bump

Bump for a fantastic bass from the golden era of Warwick.

I've been wanting to pick up one of these for years, but they never seem to come up at the right time.

Good luck with the sale! You shouldn't struggle at such a fair price.

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1336583743' post='1647982']
Hi

What's the string spacing on this one please, and whereabouts are you if I wanted to come and have a look at it?

Cheers
[/quote]

Apologies, but I may have to defer to other posters on the subject of string spacing. It's all I've ever known and I've never compared it to other Warwicks.

I am based near Brighton on the South Coast.

Cheers

W

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1336583743' post='1647982']
Hi

What's the string spacing on this one please, and whereabouts are you if I wanted to come and have a look at it?

Cheers
[/quote]
Wick bridges are adjustable spacing

• 2 weeks later...