Why become a member? ×

squier precision MIK 1996, with mods, 'n extras

gafbass02

Ok, ive done it again!, my wanting to like P basses and then finding out i dont has led me to this...
Its a 1996 MIK fender 50th anniversary squier Precision, that the previoous owner had converted to a '57 style with a lightly aged( actual play wear i think) anodized scratchplate and pickup covers, it also apparently has had a pickup upgrade but to what im not sure.

I then went and changed the pickguard to tortie, the pots to alpha's with an orange capacitor, did a fret polish and clean up and added gold hardware and self adhesive 'inlays'.

[b]Now the bass is for sale with the original chrome hardware, [/b]

[u]im keeping the gold for now, [/u]

[b]but i will include the pickup covers and both pickguards, the 'inlays' im happy to leave or remove as preferred, they come off with no ill effects, the tugbar is also included.[/b]

The bass has a lovely flamey, quite flat neck and is set up pretty well, although i reckon it would benefit from a nut file. The body has some chips and wear as its been a real player throughhout its life, the fingerboard and neck have started to age really nicely.
As you can see the previous owner has also added a fender decal and laquered over it, although id have used a darker tint myself.

Its a really genuinely lush bass with a great p bass sound and proper, ahem, 'mojo' :) it would make a great gigging bass or project, and looks the 'shizzle'.

Im after £160 posted or swaps for jazz basses or WHY. (two pickups though!)

Edited by gafbass02

more pics, sorry for dodgy iphone quality lol

so just to reiterate, the gold will ALL be removed and the chrome put back on, (now done) and both pickguards and the chrome pickup covers included in the price

Edited by gafbass02

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi is this bass still for sale ?

[quote name='gafbass02' post='796368' date='Apr 5 2010, 11:05 AM']Ok, ive done it again!, my wanting to like P basses and then finding out i dont has led me to this...
Its a 1996 MIK fender 50th anniversary squier Precision, that the previoous owner had converted to a '57 style with a lightly aged( actual play wear i think) anodized scratchplate and pickup covers, it also apparently has had a pickup upgrade but to what im not sure.

I then went and changed the pickguard to tortie, the pots to alpha's with an orange capacitor, did a fret polish and clean up and added gold hardware and self adhesive 'inlays'.

[b]Now the bass is for sale with the original chrome hardware, [/b]

[u]im keeping the gold for now, [/u]

[b]but i will include the pickup covers and both pickguards, the 'inlays' im happy to leave or remove as preferred, they come off with no ill effects, the tugbar is also included.[/b]

The bass has a lovely flamey, quite flat neck and is set up pretty well, although i reckon it would benefit from a nut file. The body has some chips and wear as its been a real player throughhout its life, the fingerboard and neck have started to age really nicely.
As you can see the previous owner has also added a fender decal and laquered over it, although id have used a darker tint myself.

Its a really genuinely lush bass with a great p bass sound and proper, ahem, 'mojo' :) it would make a great gigging bass or project, and looks the 'shizzle'.

Im after £160 posted or swaps for jazz basses or WHY. (two pickups though!)

[/quote]

• 2 months later...