Why become a member? ×

Gig Thursday Night....

lukeward2004

Hi Guys,

Played a gig on thursday night with the natalie band, showing off some new material from the 2nd album - what a shocker it turned out to be! We played so badly by our standards, I was having a bad night, as was the guitarist who started a solo in the wrong key!!!

Anyway, the other bands where so unbelievably crap we managed to look half decent in comparison - only the headline band where decent, the other acts where quite shocking and sounded like they had gone to argos and bought thier gear along with a "how to play guitar in 10 mins" book prior to going on stage.

It was also the first time I had gigged my nice new Warwick Streamer Stage One, traded with BassBod (who happens to be a top fella) for my custom Preicion bass that I never played. The warwick is loaded with EMG's and the Aguilar 2 band circuit, and it sounded immense thru a tiny SWR cube amp (not sure what model). Filled the relatively small room and im going to have lots of fun with this baby!

Here's some pics - the look on my face is classic!:

The pics dont really show off the bass, ill sort some out that do it justice soon. It has a lovely flamed body and the neck is sublime!

[quote name='Sibob' post='86449' date='Nov 10 2007, 12:29 PM']You played badly because you're playing a Warwick whilst wearing a Fender tshirt!
Classic mistake![/quote]

SOOOOOooooooooo absolutely correct....your new W will have complex and will be trying to get one over on you!

Thats just a GAS cardinal sin and you should be dealt severly by the GAS Police!

now take youreslf outside an give yourself a very good talking to!

:)

[quote name='Sibob' post='86449' date='Nov 10 2007, 12:29 PM']You played badly because you're playing a Warwick whilst wearing a Fender tshirt!
Classic mistake

Si[/quote]

Lol! Believe it or not, I actually changed out of a Fender T shirt before a gig on Thursday, as I was playing my Corvette $$. Clearly a wise decision!

Edited by simon1964

Ok, ive taken myself outside and given myself a good talking to, and the Warwick is no longer jealous. Its sitting happily alongside my Streamer LX5 and two 4 string Jazz Basses, and a fretless Ibanez Gary Willis 5.

I believe this particular Streamer Stage 1 is a 2000 model, and it is in great condition - came with a hard "soft" case, a tin of wax, truss rod adjuster and a brass nut to replace the plastic just-a-nut that came fitted. Im in love with this bass now, it plays like a dream and sounds fantastic!

Hi mate,

Loving the Streamer, and the JBitsa has seen little play but those plastic flats are great! I was thumping out Aretha Franklin's "think" the other day and the jazz strung with those plastic flatwounds suit it so well!

TO be honest, ive neglected all my other basses except maybe my Streamer LX since I got the Stage One, its such a great instrument - its got so many sounds and the pre amp is powerful, and I think ive found the sound I like most out of it.

Its amazed me how very different the four string Stage One is to the 5 string version (which ive previously owned) - its a totally different beast!