Why become a member? ×

USA G&L L2500

Schnozzalee

For those of you preferring a fretted bass to get a whole new fingerboard fitted by a pro luthier costs £300 (Overwater Basses). If you keep the ebony and get frets placed where the lines are, it will cost £100-£200 tops, if that. Its still a damn sight cheaper than finding a mint condition new one with this unusual finish. Don't write off playing a fretless its a lot easier than it looks and does a lot more than just jazz - check Tony Franklin. Very easy to get a crisp slap sound with a thick slab of ebony, fretted or not.

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='798181' date='Apr 6 2010, 11:07 PM']Buyer pulls out, back up for sale. The bass is professionally setup with a straight neck and low action. No issues at all and in as new condition.[/quote]
I love the look of this, shame I can't play them without frets, definitely worth someone having a punt though.

[quote name='giblett123' post='800488' date='Apr 9 2010, 06:18 AM']I love the look of this, shame I can't play them without frets, definitely worth someone having a punt though.[/quote]

For Gawd's sake somebody buy this.... I'm starting to get annoyed. It's probably the nicest L2500 I've seen and the price is nothing :)

Cheers guys, I noticed the other US G&L bass on the site went for 1100 Euros - thats gotta cover the extra cost of putting frets n then some if you really need to. This one is essentially new and has a rare finish n fingerboard as well as being professionally setup. I'm guessing they're double the price new? Its just first come first serve now.

I haven't neglected it completely because I do love the tone and switches, i'm working out Santana's Aquamarine bassline on it until it sells/trades.

Palladino meets Franklin meets Jaco (I have Bruce on hand with my Hoyer too! :) )

Edited by Schnozzalee

[quote name='MB1' post='810506' date='Apr 18 2010, 05:46 PM']MB1. :)
Hope thats a label?... showing above the right buttock!. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Haha I think it was the sticky tape holding up the dress, its sagging a little on the right - the dress not her ass. Tis firm indeed! Could crack a few walnuts... :lol:

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='811272' date='Apr 19 2010, 01:03 PM']Haha I think it was the sticky tape holding up the dress, its sagging a little on the right - the dress not her ass. Tis firm indeed! Could crack a few walnuts... :)[/quote]

More of a Denise Lewis man myself, but hey, beggars cant be choosers :rolleyes:

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='815838' date='Apr 23 2010, 09:54 AM']Wouldn't want to disappoint. Make up your own "Check out that arse, and Denise Lewis too" jokes....
[/quote]

I bet if that was Berlusconi or the French midget they wouldn't have been looking at the camera :-P

She is such a hottie :)

Anyway, have a bump for the OP :rolleyes:

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='815838' date='Apr 23 2010, 09:54 AM']Wouldn't want to disappoint. Make up your own "Check out that arse, and Denise Lewis too" jokes....
[/quote]

Haha! Denis Lewis is better looking but Molan's picture shows a better arse :) . Gordon Brown cracks me up - Dr. Frankenstein's unwanted monster,difficult to be angry at a social retard. He giggled his way through that debate last night it was brill, politics aside.

G&L anyone?? lol

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='815787' date='Apr 23 2010, 09:17 AM']Damn, i keep opening this thread without remembering its a fretless.[/quote]
So do I, but I still have a hankering for this, which would give me red & green L2500's. They are such great basses and do sound so good.

Now then, a few weeks working from home and saving £70 diesel a week...........hmmmmmmmm

[quote name='WalMan' post='817785' date='Apr 25 2010, 03:18 AM']So do I, but I still have a hankering for this, which would give me red & green L2500's. They are such great basses and do sound so good.

Now then, a few weeks working from home and saving £70 diesel a week...........hmmmmmmmm[/quote]

Can't think of a better backup to compliment a red fretted G&L L2500 than a fretless green and ebony of the same model :rolleyes: . All the finishes on the USA's are so varied!! Would be keen to see piccies :)

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='818202' date='Apr 25 2010, 05:03 PM']Can't think of a better backup to compliment a red fretted G&L L2500 than a fretless green and ebony of the same model :rolleyes: . All the finishes on the USA's are so varied!! Would be keen to see piccies :)[/quote]
Piccies to follow, PM sent