Why become a member? ×

Cabs To match an Orange Bass Terror

Low End Bee

As the Trace combo has now developed a horrible vibrating noise when I play an Fsharp it's going back for another repair and then it's getting axed. :)

I was very impressed with Happy Jack's Bass Terror when I had use of it at a gig recently so I'm almost certainly going to go for one .

Those matching isotonic or whatever they are cabs have been mentioned elsewhere here as not a great idea.

I have maybe another £500'ish for cabs. Would like to keep with the compact theme if possible.

Whatever it is you go for, make sure it has some decent high end. As you may have discovered, and depending on your bass to a degree, the Bass Terror is quite a dark sounding amp, if you're coming from a Trace, you'll miss that high end for sure.

Ad, the best match I've found is the Barefaced Midget. That angry 1x12 sound complements the Terror Bass buzz-saw tone really well. I did a 3-set gig on Saturday night using that combination, and my P-basses have never sounded so good.

Compact? Most people think it's my personal monitor and ask "Where's your cab?". :)

So long as your next gig doesn't clash with mine, you're welcome to borrow it for a night if you want.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='776359' date='Mar 16 2010, 03:45 PM']Ad, the best match I've found is the Barefaced Midget. That angry 1x12 sound complements the Terror Bass buzz-saw tone really well. I did a 3-set gig on Saturday night using that combination, and my P-basses have never sounded so good.

Compact? Most people think it's my personal monitor and ask "Where's your cab?". :)

So long as your next gig doesn't clash with mine, you're welcome to borrow it for a night if you want.[/quote]

Terror Bass + Midget = Awesomeness! It is a fact.

What about TC Electronics cabs? I've been offered a deal.

I can't wait a month or so for a Barefaced cab. No patience and I've gigs coming up. Plus I can get these locally which I like.

I was thinking of the RS210 plus an RS112. The full lot for bigger gigs, just the 2x10 for smaller ones and just the 1x12 for rehearsals.

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='777044' date='Mar 17 2010, 09:34 AM']What about TC Electronics cabs? I've been offered a deal.

I can't wait a month or so for a Barefaced cab. No patience and I've gigs coming up. Plus I can get these locally which I like.

I was thinking of the RS210 plus an RS112. The full lot for bigger gigs, just the 2x10 for smaller ones and just the 1x12 for rehearsals.[/quote]

IMO the TC cabs are well worth the money. They sound great, dont weigh that much, and are mid-price range.

I went from Berg to these cabinets and im really impressed. I still want some Berg ER 12s though!