Why become a member? ×

Where Have All The Beer Crates Gone?

Pete Academy

[quote name='51m0n' post='776170' date='Mar 16 2010, 12:44 PM']Bloody nora!

Wouldnt risk that with my rig, unless the stands resembled the Eiffel Tower, which would in itself possibly cause some other issues....[/quote]

Yeah but if all you need is a head high stage monitor it's an option. Afterall the tripods are designed for heavy ol' PA top cabs.

How about using milk crates?
I too lament the dearth of crates these days, they were great for knocking out the compartment slats and storing things in. I had several Babysham or Pony crates i used to keep my records in.(45s natch)

Edited by daz

If you're going to pack your own crate(s), you might want to take a look at these.
Ursus Folding Box Blue 46 Litre - £7.98 from B&Q. Folds down for easy storage. Holds up to 30kg in weight (as a container).
Disclaimer: I've not used them myself so can't fully vouch for them but they may suit some people.
[url="http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9796467&fh_view_size=150&fh_start_index=0&fh_eds=%3f&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3C{9372014}%2fcategories%3C{9372040}%2fcategories%3C{9372154}%2fspecificationsProductType%3dstorage%2fspecificationsSpecificProductType%3dstorage_boxes&fh_refview=lister&ts=1260198424206&isSearch=false"]Look here[/url]

Again, thanks for the suggestions. I looked at a Quiklok mixer stand today that was perfect - right height and everything, and I can buy it at trade price.

I don't want to swap my gear, as I'm really happy with the sound.

The in-ear monitor option looks tempting. I'll talk to our engineer about it...he's a sound guy. :) <pun intended>

Edited by Pete Academy

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='776580' date='Mar 16 2010, 06:54 PM']Again, thanks for the suggestions. I looked at a Quiklok mixer stand today that was perfect - right height and everything, and I can buy it at trade price.

The in-ear monitor option looks tempting. I'll talk to our engineer about it...he's a sound guy. :) <pun intended>[/quote]

Let us know how you get on Pete.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='776580' date='Mar 16 2010, 06:54 PM']Again, thanks for the suggestions. I looked at a Quiklok mixer stand today that was perfect - right height and everything, and I can buy it at trade price.

The in-ear monitor option looks tempting. I'll talk to our engineer about it...he's a sound guy. :) <pun intended>[/quote]

Those Quoklock stands look like proper 'mil-spec' gigging gear dont they!

Everything else seems more than a bit pony after you've got your hands on one of them :rolleyes:

Thinking outside the box here,,, :)

Why dont you just get a beer crate!!!

Of course if you were really dedicated you could always have your legs chopped off,,, problem sorted.... :lol: :rolleyes:

(Just had a quiz question on who wants to be a millionaire on my phone,,, nearly dan is a tribute to which famous band,,,,,cool huh!!)

[quote name='Toddy' post='779550' date='Mar 19 2010, 10:52 AM']Thinking outside the box here,,, :)

Why dont you just get a beer crate!!!

Of course if you were really dedicated you could always have your legs chopped off,,, problem sorted.... :lol: :rolleyes:

(Just had a quiz question on who wants to be a millionaire on my phone,,, nearly dan is a tribute to which famous band,,,,,cool huh!!)[/quote]

Now that's when you know you've made it. :lol:

[quote name='Toddy' post='779620' date='Mar 19 2010, 11:53 AM']Our bleedin drummer worships you guys,,, mind you,,,, he does hit things for a living lol...

Will pop round the Green Tree later and get crates,,,, what colour you want? :rolleyes:[/quote]

Those yellow Holsten ones will match my Markbass rig. :)

[quote name='51m0n' post='774723' date='Mar 14 2010, 09:45 PM']These are supposed to be the beans:-

[url="http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=30&sName=WS-540"]Quicklok WS-540[/url]

Pretty expensive, but I know of at least one bassist who swears by them (under his Berg hs410 IIRC).

I'd love to get one, but they are seriously not cheap![/quote]

It doesn't even dare show you the price. Looks the biz tho.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='779719' date='Mar 19 2010, 01:12 PM']This is actually top of my list. And I can get it at trade price. Cheers. :)[/quote]

Well for the tip off the very least you can do is do me a deal on one then :rolleyes: /end_cheeky_git_mode

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='779839' date='Mar 19 2010, 02:46 PM']Like your stuff on MySpace BTW. Is the Roscoe on that first track?[/quote]

Why thank-yew-verrr-much kind sir :blush:

Yeah definitely the Roscoe on the first track, and the second.

Love the sound I got in the bridge bit on that first track :wub:

Both with the d'Addarios it came with, damn they are some ultra-non-bendy cables! Sound pretty fine though.

HiBeams give me back the bendiness and playability, but have smoothed out the tone a bit more than I want, going for Lo-Beams next time, I just love the sound of them!

The rest are way earlier things with the old Vester, before I put EMGs in it. Not in the same league as the Roscoe (well, closer with the EMGs, but still not).

[quote name='51m0n' post='779879' date='Mar 19 2010, 03:19 PM']Why thank-yew-verrr-much kind sir :blush:

Yeah definitely the Roscoe on the first track, and the second.

Love the sound I got in the bridge bit on that first track :wub:

Both with the d'Addarios it came with, damn they are some ultra-non-bendy cables! Sound pretty fine though.

HiBeams give me back the bendiness and playability, but have smoothed out the tone a bit more than I want, going for Lo-Beams next time, I just love the sound of them!

The rest are way earlier things with the old Vester, before I put EMGs in it. Not in the same league as the Roscoe (well, closer with the EMGs, but still not).[/quote]

May the funk be with you. :)