Why become a member? ×

This is calling me, tugging at my heart & wallet

KiOgon

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220570379886&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT[/url]

Just like the one I bought new in 1973 & was my main gigging bass until marriage did us part! I never expected to find one on ebay :rolleyes:

So enormous sentimental value but I really have all I need :)

[quote name='chris_b' post='772906' date='Mar 12 2010, 04:13 PM']Now stop going all sentimental on us!!![/quote]
I'm not sure I can actually remember a lot about them 70's, I'm sure I was there but _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - there seems to be a lot of gaps - though sentimental I am :lol:
I went to every shop in 'that London' trying Ricks, I had saved up £400 somehow, all the Ricks were crap & then I found the Gherson, it was instant love! :)
I still begrudge having to get rid of it, strangely - shortly after the wedding (November 75) & the HiWatts & the monster Orange 2x18. If I knew then!

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='772915' date='Mar 12 2010, 04:20 PM']Pity it's only got one then. :lol:[/quote]
Yeah - very true :rolleyes:

So - What's it worth?

I think such things are worth as much as people want to pay for them - sorry not too helpful. I own an Antoria 1971 Jazz bass that I paid £250 for they occasionally go for a lot less. My view is that the Gherson obviously has a sentimental value which can impact on value but I'd guess a figure of anything under £200 and you are doing well. Who knows it may stay around that figure in the current listing? Fingers crossed for you

It's lovely - you really don't see too much TallyCrap, in fact this is only the second Gherson Jazz I remember seeing in many years of daily Ebay-scouring. I'd strongly encourage you to go for it - you won't see another for a long time. :)

Jon.